Solipsistic Change Divisi...

A search of the forum has not provided an answer.

Violins 2 and Viole are loaded as Section Players. The icon in Setup is two heads+.

When I Right click > Staff> Change Divisi and add a second staff I get the following alert:
“The selected instrument is held by a solo player. You can only create a divisi change for an instrument held by a section player.”

And yet it is a section player.

But that is only if I have just played the music (opt-P). If I do any other action first, the pull down menu containing “Change Divisi…” is greyed out.
Opt-P and the menu is back again but followed by the above alert.

Daniel wrote a catchy tune on this subject.

It would certainly help to be able to see the project itself.

Christopher, Ulf sent me your score; I’ve been unable to reproduce the problem you describe here. Would you please be so kind as to provide step-by-step instructions to reproduce the problem, including what you are selecting (which flow, which bar, which instrument), and the precise commands you’re executing? Thanks!

Thanks for looking at this, Daniel.

I don’t have a lot to add to the original post.
It started happening on Flow 8 bar 1. You can see that I successfully divided Violins 1.
At the time I couldn’t divide any of the other strings but after rebooting the computer (because of the “export to audio” problem") I was able to divide Violins 2.

The very next thing I did was try to divide the Viole (Right click > Staff> Change Divisi > add Section Player) when the alert came up: “The selected instrument is held by a solo player. You can only create a divisi change for an instrument held by a section player”. As I mentioned the icon on all the strings is two heads with a plus sign.

On immediately redoing the same actions the dialogue box is now greyed out until I reboot Dorico.

You can see from the unfinished score that I would like to be able to divide the Viole and Violoncelli from bars 3 and 4.

Today I am up to Flow 12 and I managed to divide Violins 1 in one attempt, after which the problem returned.

Does that help at all?

Unfortunately I’m still unable to reproduce the problem. If you have the time, would you be willing to create a little screen capture showing what you’re doing using e.g. QuickTime Player, and then send it to me via WeTransfer?