Solo selected events(parts)

Hi
recently been watching a few walkthroughs that artists are doing of their tracks…
when they’re using logic they seem to be able to select multiple events/parts over multiple tracks and then instantly play those event/parts solo’d…
I presume using a shortcut key…
This is all done in the arrange window, they just use a time select tool, drag it across the parts, it highlights them, then they hit play and it just plays back those individual parts!

Just wondering if we have a similar facility and cubase?

I don’t know how to make it work on the events/parts, but for sure you can select the tracks you want to listen to and hit “S” to solo the selected tracks

Yeah I got how to solo individual tracks…
and I guess you could also put certain tracks in a group or a folder and solo them that way…
It’s just the ability to click on certain parts then play them solo’d…
I suppose you could argue it’s just as easy to click on the ‘s’ button of the tracks as it is to click on the parts.
Like I said watching people do it in logic just seemed a nice feature…

I guess you can accomplish this by first making sure Track Selection Follows Event Selection is enabled in Preferences:

Then, select the events which should then select the tracks.

Then press S to solo them.

Then press Alt + Space Bar to Play Selection Range.

1 Like

Yeah that works great …thx

So many thanks! I’ve been searching for this info since moving from Digital Performer over a month ago. While it’s not as refined as DP’s audition capability, this is workable. What a relief, I’m so grateful. :smiley: