[SOLVED] Apple Pencil Support

Dear all,

As previously mentioned, Apple Pencil support is planned to be resolved in the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.2 maintenance update.
Please note that we already have a beta version ready, which fully supports the Apple Pencil again.

We would be very pleased adding a few testers making sure, Apple Pencil Support works again as expected by you.

If you want to join, please send me a private message with your full contact (Full Name, Full Address, Email).

Thanks!

Best,
Lars

I would like to participate in the beta. But since I am new to the forum, I can’t send a private message yet…

I have used both Cubasis 1 an 2, I bought Cubasis 3 but reverted to using 2 since I my Apple Pencil 2 a lot.

Can you contact me?

Hi lechbialek,

Please note that I’ve send you a private message, with the instructions how to join the beta.

Thanks
Lars

Hi.

I’m also a new user, can’t send you a private message. I’d love to be a beta tester if possible please.

Thanks

Just wanted to let it be known that the Logitech Crayon works for me with the latest beta. I can only imagine that goes the same for the iPad Pencil.

Hi ailerom, Hi all,

Thanks for confirming the Logitech Crayon to work with the latest Cubasis 3.0.2 beta version, same goes for the Apple Pencil.
From here, it should not take too long to have the update ready to be released…

Best wishes,
Lars

Is this update still on track to drop (very) soon? Getting incredibly antsy on this feature …

It should only be a couple more days. iirc they said “end of March”.

Yes, but with COVID-19, who knows how that’s affecting them? Hopefully not at all … :slight_smile:

Hi Diametro,

Hope you’re well!

Cubasis 2.0.3 will bring back Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit feature, alongside resolving further issues

The update is planned to be released on Monday, March 30, 2020.

Best,
Lars

Thanks for the update.

Cubasis 2/3 on my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 has become the center of my studio. Creating and editing automation curves as well as doing other edits for longer periods of time is just a joy with the Apple Pencil.

One thing I’d like to throw out there, though, and this is something that you’re going to hear from me a bit during 2020 is … I firmly believe that Cubasis 3 should not be limited to just “mobile” production status. I’m using it because it’s a “touch based” production platform — not because I want to make music on my iPhone (which honestly holds very little appeal for me). Not only does a single iPad Pro integrate into a streamlined setup much more nicely than a typical PC/Mac setup with screens, keyboard, mouse, CPU, etc., it’s infinitely more direct, focused and tactile like an instrument than all those separate pieces. And because it’s so much tidier and smaller, it can be front and center without dominating the setup.

I think the Cubasis team is doing a great job of making a “touch-based” DAW, and I hope additional pro features aren’t limited just because it’s the “mobile version” of Cubase. Leave “mobile” status to the iPhone version or to a “lite,” more locked-down version of Cubasis 3. Musicians are buying iPads for their studios (and will do so only more as these devices continue to grow in screen size as well as offer better support for a second monitor, etc.) and leaving them plunked right there. That’s what I’m doing, and it’s because I absolutely don’t want a desktop computer in my studio.

Just some food for thought …

Hi all,

Apple Pencil support and the MiniSampler edit feature has returned:
Cubasis 3.0.2 is available.

Best,
Lars

Hi Cubasis-team,

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if this issue is a bug. If I use the pencil in the piano roll and want to draw in notes then I have to let one “step” between my drawn notes otherwise they are erasing each other. Like if the Apple pencil doesn’t get picked up fine enough (it doesn’t matter which grid I use). It’s literally the only DAW I use on my iPad Pro (2018 11inch) that has this issue.

Hope that this is fixed in the 3.2. update.

Thanks in advance.
Sedat

Hi Sedat,

Thank you for your message.

Please give the issue a check with the upcoming 3.2 update and let us know about your results.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

thanks for the reply. The issue still occurs. Tested it on an iPad Pro 2018 11 and on an iPad Pro 12.9 2020 model and the Apple Pencil 2. Maybe I miss something in the settings section but I didn’t found anything at all. Otherwise I love what you did in the last versions with Cubasis and adding pencil support but if I can’t properly draw in notes like for example in Beatmaker 3 then it feels very unsatisfying using the pencil. The feature in BM3 is pretty cool because you can set it up, that it only draws one step at a time or a row of steps remembering the grid settings so you can draw triplets and high hat rolls very simple. Would love to see this in Cubasis 3.

Thanks in advance and have a merry Christmas!

Bye,
Sedat

Hi JustMake,

Thanks for your message.

Please file a separate bug report, and list the exact steps to allow us reproducing the problem. In addition, please feel free to add a short clip (e.g. dropbox link via PM) that shows the issue.

Thank you!

Merry Christmas
& stay well,
Lars