[Solved]Can't rename folders

Some time ago I set up my standard project template with folders for various instruments. I created each folder and named it appropriately.

The renaming function seems, however, to now not work. I can create a folder but now cannot rename it. Something appears to have changed.

Also, related to this, the only way I have found to rename tracks or folders is in the inspector. The manual appears to clearly indicate that you can double click on the track name and change it that way but this has never worked for me.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Doyou double-click in the track list? Could you try in the Inspector? Is the result the same?

What graphic card do you use? Could you try to update the driver, please? Or try to use generic Windows graphic card driver instead of manufacturer driver, please.

Hi Martin. I should have stated what computer system I am using … my apologies. I’m using an iMac running MacOS 10.14.6. The graphic card is a Radeon Pro 570 and (as you may know) no graphic card change is possible on the iMac and there is no updated driver that I am aware of except possibly in the new version of MacOS, Catalina. I will not be upgrading to Catalina since it is 64-bit only and Cubase 9.5 is not supported.

I tried starting Cubase in safe start mode but the problem is still there. I still cannot rename a folder.

I have always used the inspector to rename tracks and folders because double-clicking on a track to do a name change has not ever worked since I bought Cubase 9.5. However, now I cannot use the inspector to rename folders … renaming tracks still works with the inspector but if that stops working I will really be in trouble.

Cheers,

Keith

Hi,

Do you have any other Cubase installed on your system? Do you have any older Cubase preferences folders there?

No older versions of Cubase are or were installed on my Mac. I bought it new and put only Cubase 9 on it, followed by the update to Cubase 9.5.

Cheers,

Keith

Hi,

Do I understand you right, you haven’t started Cubase 9 at all?

I don’t recall having started Cubase 9 although it is possible that I did. Might this be the source of the problem?

Hi,

There might be Cubase 9 preferences folder then. Which I would recommend to double-check and delete, if there is the folder (together with Cubase 9.5).

That did it!

I must have started up Cubase 9 before upgrading to 9.5. Deleting the Cubase 9 folder did the trick. I can now rename folders. Furthermore, I can now double click on a track name and rename that way rather than using the inspector.

Thanks so much Martin. You have been very helpful

Cheers,

Keith

Oops!! Looks like I jumped the gun on this one.

It started working after I deleted the C9 preferences folder but now it’s back to not renaming things.

A bit of digging showed this post: Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS
This is exactly what is happening to me. I’m using a magic mouse on a mouse pad. Double clicking just doesn’t work. However, if I move the mouse to the desktop and double click it works fine. Lots of people seem to be having this problem … only in Cubase on a Mac.