[Solved] Chinese characters instead of new Icons in German Dorico 4 UI

After installing Dorico 4 I have a problem with at least 2 new icons, being displayed as chinese characters - (see attached screenshot) even after restarting the machine several times.
chinese icons

I’ve already reported the problem on this facebook thread:
facebook(dot)com/groups/dorico/posts/3129581167319614/
Ben Byram-Wigfield suggested a restart (did that multiple times, no success) , Dan Kreider had the idea it might be a font cache problem, so I’ve followed winaero(dot)com/rebuild-font-cache-windows-10/ and I’ve

• stopped the service
  • deleted the files
  • started the service
  • re-started the computer
    Unfortunately it didn’t help. I’ve tried several computer new starts, no success.

I am aware of this thread: forums.steinberg(dot)net/t/wrong-icons-in-menu-items/750848/2
Here, Daniel Spreadbury points out that it might be a bug with origin in the underlying Qt-Framework. That’ interesting, because I am a hobby programmer and I am using Qt myself (still in V.5.x., though).

Any ideas welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Sebastian! This problem has been discussed in more detail here.
It’s to do with the DoricoIcons font in particular.

(Daniel et al do read FB, Twitter, etc. as well as here, so usually there is no need to cross-post.)

Thank you very much, Mark!
This solved my issue.
“Renaming DoricoIcons-Regular.ttf in the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3.5\fonts folder”
wasn’t enough, though, I had to do it for all old Dorico installations :

• C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3.5\fonts
  • C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico3\fonts
  • C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico2\fonts
  • C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico\fonts
  • but after that and a restart it’s now showing the icons it should show :slight_smile:

I normally do not cross-post, but given the huge amount of discussion on FB I fathomed this might be a more appropriate place where I should have posted it right from the start. Thanks for that comment, too!