SOLVED: Chords across staff lines in empty bars?

I have tried searching for this on the forum, and also watched the youtube videos on making lead sheets in Dorico, but have not found an answer to this question, so I’m trying my luck here.

What would be the best way of achieving a layout with chords across (in front of/on top of) staff lines – vertically in the middle of the staff – like the chord changes without melody in some fake books. See picture below:

• Do I need to have empty bars or rhythmic slashes that are hidden?
  • What is the easiest way of aligning the chords vertically in the middle of the staff?
  • What is the easiest way of changing the size of all chords? (I can’t find the option under engraving options…)

Hi Steinbil,

1. In Layout Options—Players, you can set empty bars to not display bar rests.

2. Enter the chord symbols above the staff as normal. You’ll want to make sure in Setup mode that you have chord symbols set to display for that particular instrument.

3. Select all chord symbols in Engrave mode (Select one chord symbol, then Ctrl-Shift-A twice), and drag down.

You can change the size of chords in Engrave Menu—Font Styles. You’ll need to change both chord symbol font categories: the chord and the suffix.

Fabulous! This is perfect. Thank you!