My Cubase status: novice
My current goal:
- Getting a paino note chart by keyboard midi record and manual editing
- Adjusting some settings in Key-Edior to learn the basic Cubase features
- Using a Halion instrument to play it back
What does the Cubase Essentials note editor can do?
I made a first simple chart by placing the notes manually (it worked and Cubase plays them using Halion)
Now I am searching for additional articulation symbols in the note editor e.g.:
- I like to set a tie and a slur
- I like to note when to press the sustain pedal and when to release it
I found an old documentation for Cubase VST score (hope this is the right product name).
In that (old) Cubase version those articulation symbols are available. But in my current Cubase 5 Essentials I can’t find anything.
My two question in general:
- Is the current Cubase note editor meant for what I am trying to do, or is it just to see the notes without all the stuff around them?
- Can Cubase in general interpret the articulation information of a score (either made in note editor or in third party software like Finale or Sibelius, to control how the Halion plays the instrument?
Does anybody know a web ressource that covers this topic?
I had no luck with google and the tutorial DVDs I bought.
Thanks in advance.