Solved - Cubase 12: MIDI Remote problem

I have made a basic mapping for the Impulse 61 if anyone is interested.
It’s a starting point from which you can create your own mapping.
It uses the controller’s basic MIDI mode.
Novation_Impulse 61.midiremote (6.0 KB)

4 Likes

Any Luck? I’m on a Mac and trying to get it to acknowledge the xml file for the controller script and it stays greyed out. It lets me add it under midi devices, but not there’s a warning that the legacy attributes are going away, and the Midi Remote manager refuses to acknowledge the file type.
I’ve been using Cubase since release 4 and cannot believe they put this buggy mess into the world. I thought it was perhaps still starting in safemode after all the Groove Agent deletes, but have finally found the last of those hidden files. but now here’s a another major problem.

I am puzzled. I cannot get MID Remote to show up on my main computer in my studio. Mac Studio. I created another TEST User and it shows up there when I hook a USB Launchkey 37. Works as expected. Works on my MAC Pro laptop. But I need it to work on the main USER. What am I doing wrong. Out of the three places, it works on two. I need it to work on all three. Frustrating.

Hi everyone,

I had no luck in importing a script for my Stream Deck to the Midi Remot-Editor in Cubase Pro 12. I went to Studio > Setup > Midi Remote > Midi Remote-Editor. Unfortunately the corresponding Button “Import Script” was greyed out, as well as “Add Surface” and “Show Midi Remote in lower zone” on the previous page.
After two weeks of trying to find a solution, also with help from Steinberg support (including 2x reinstall of my OS, disabling anti virus during install and what not), I figured out, what the issue was.

…drum rrrolll… > I had no project open in cubase! <

I never atempted to load or create a project, because I was stuck during the process of setting up my new system. Although the Cubase manual states that one should have a hardware device connected in order to being able to setup a Midi Remote (in Midi Remote-Editor), they do not mention that this only works if a project is loaded too. This is quite silly, because these settings are not project related.

I reported back to Steinberg and hopefully they will fix this.

Sorry for confusing Midi Remote-Manager with -Editor. Of course it’s the MR-Manager, I’ve been refering to.

Hi all, for the records, nothing above worked for me until I ran Cubase as admin just once. It seems that way Cubase is able to create/generate whatever stuff that enables the bloody MIDI Remote tab from then onwards… Hope you guys resolve this damn thing as well!!
Cheers
Victor