[SOLVED] cubase 3 audio latency

I just purchaced cubasis 3 for my iPad. I am using Steinberg interface (and I’ve also tried Scarlett). I’m getting pronounced latency trying to record audio (guitar). I went to settings and chose Hardware Latency > iPad microphone and chose all for ms settings…none had any effect. The same set up with Garageband works fine with no latency. Any suggestions/solutions?
thanks in advance.

Hi scorbobby,

Thanks for your message.

Up front I would give the following steps a try first:

• Quit all audio and non-audio apps by double tapping the home button and swiping them up
  • Reboot your iPad device

If the problem persists, please let us have a detailed step report to allow us reproducing the issue.
Please find our bug reporting form below.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Reporting Form (Feature Requests / Issues)

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

2. Description
    (Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

3. Expected Results
    (Describe what you expected to see)

4. Actual Results
    (Describe what you actually saw)

5. Environment
    (Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix the problem by rebooting iPad.

Hi scrobobby,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear rebooting the iPad resolved the issue.

For possible future topics, it might make sense to browse our dedicated Cubasis 3 performance article.

Stay healthy,
Lars

Thank you. BTW: I looked for articles about this but couldn’t find something exactly about latency. I think searching “Cubasis Latency” should have gotten me right to it. I always try to look through FAQ and forum topics.