[SOLVED] Cubase iC Pro connection issues!

Hello Forum!

I just purchased Cubase iC Pro for a new iPad Retina, and tried to set up an Ad Hoc connection with my mid-2012 MacBook Pro, but to no avail. I have even tried connecting over the same network, but I get the same results. I have the latest SKI Remote extension installed on my computer, and I’ve even tried turning off bluetooth for both devices. With both methods, the iPad is able to recognize the MacBook Pro running the latest version of Cubase 7 ( ‘Cubase @networkname.local’ ), but when I try to select it, a spinning circle appears and it hangs until it stops spinning and nothing happens. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Somebody, anybody…please help!!

Hi,

Strange. Do you mean that the spinning wheel stops after a while or it just gets back to the connection page?

Could you try to connect manually? In order to get the ip of your ad-hoc connection just go to the connection settings and it will be mentioned.
Then just click on the manual connection page button on Cubase iC Pro’s starting page and write down this ip.
If it doesn’t work neither you should have an explicit error message that you could report us then.

Cheers,

Thank you so much for your reply!

The wheel just continues to spin, and either one of two things happen: either it stops and goes back to the connection page, or it actually closes the app on the iPad if it spins long enough. I have tried connecting “manually” by using the computer’s ip address, but when I do that, it tells me that the connection times out. It has frustrated me because I can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. I follow everything in the tutorial video, but I get the same results.

ITKoL

Hi,

Did you try to go through this tiny check list we’ve made and see if there’s anything missing? https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-ic-pro-troubleshooting.html

Did you update Bonjour?

Btw which version of iOS are you running? Same question for your Mac OS?

Cheers,

Problem was solved!

I changed my firewall and network sharing settings. I found that I had ‘remote apple events’ disabled, and with my firewall, I had to specifiy what program was allowed access through the security. Once I enabled ‘remote apple events’ and specified that I wanted Cubase to be remotely accessed through the firewall settings, I was allowed to communicate properly with the iPad. I looked through documentation and tutorials and nothing was mentioned about this for troubleshooting. I guess Steinberg assumes that users are supposed to know how to properly configure these things before trying to establish a connection.

Anyhow, thank you very much for your help!

ITKoL

Hi,

Glad to hear you’ve solved your problem and that it was only related to your firewall.

You’re right, it’s not explicitly mentioned in the troubleshooting.
We’ll update this right away thanks to your report.

Thank you once again!

Cheers,