[SOLVED] Cubasis 2 Midi from other apps

Hi,
I have tried to connect my usual apps, Suggester, ProChords, etc. with Cubasis to have Midi send from those apps to Cubasis. I doesn’t work. I also have Music Studio from Xewton and it always works. The only work around I’ve found is to have an Audiobus Virtual Midi Bridge on one end and Cubasis on the other. I didn’t change anything in the Cubasis Midi setting, Input is at “All Midi ports” and Output is at “No Midi output”. Am I doing something wrong?
Kind regards

Hi PhilP,

Thanks for your message.

So far, I would not see any restrictions to use those apps with Cubasis.
Unfortunately we’re not equipped with both apps, but I’ve forwarded your report to them to give the issue a check.

Will keep you updated.

Best,
Lars

Hi,
I just tested a couple of things and I found out that I have to set the Midi input from Cubasis to Virtual Midi instead of all Inputs. In case anybody’s interested, in Suggester you also have to set the Midi Output to Cubasis, otherwise it won’t make a sound. Btw, is there a way to get more sound for the microsonic?
Kind regards

Hi PhilP,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to solve the issue yourself.
In the meantime, I’ve received a message from Mathieu (Suggester), and will exchange with him about the topic nevertheless.

Regarding MicroSonic instruments:
We do not offer separate instruments for MicroSonic via in-app purchase so far, but maybe we add new stuff for future updates, who knows…

Best,
Lars

Hi PhilP,

Here comes the feedback from Mathieu Routhier:

"Suggester supports Core MIDI. When the MDI output option is turned on in Suggester options, it will create a MIDI output port. Cubasis also exposes a MIDI input port so we’re good.

From there, you have two options:

1. Either you configure Suggester to actively send its MIDI to Cubasis. You do that by setting a Destination in the MIDI output options in Suggester.
  2. You configure Cubasis to listen to the Suggester output, by picking “Suggester” from the Routing section in Cubasis. I think I prefer that option.

Both options will make a MIDI connection between the apps. When you press a chord in Suggester, it will play using the instrument that is set up in Cubasis."