[SOLVED] Cubasis 3 crash on Ipad pro

First of all: I am a real big fan of Cubasis and I’ve been am happy with the APP for years.

But since I use my new Ipad Pro (11 inch with the latest IOS version) I expierence permant crashes with no significant reason. Sometimes the App crash occurs when I am switching from one project to the other, sometimes when I try to change effects. And in addition: sometimes when I start playing a project the right channel is not audible; when I close the App and restart the same project both channels are okay again.

I have installed Cubasis Version 3.0.2 and deinstalled and reinstalled the App 2 times already without any improvement.

Thank you very much in advance for any idea or hint!

Hi RobertHl,

Thank you for your message, sorry to hear about your issues.

Could you think project-related aspects, which might lead to the issue?

Do you experience the problem when using 3rd party instruments and/or effects?

Are you able to reproduce the problem using Cubasis on its own?

A few things to check:

• Shut off Cubasis
  • Please go to the iOS Settings, scroll down to the Cubasis app icon, enable „Reset“ option to the right
  • Relaunch Cubasis and shut off again
  • Restart your iPad

From there, please use Cubasis on its own, to check if the problem persist.

Keep up adding 3rd party apps piece by piece to check, when problems arise.

Some further aspects:

• Make sure Background Mode is enabled
  • Open „System Info“ to check the power consumption, when using Cubasis alongside 3rd party apps
  • Choose higher latency values
  • Make use of Track Freeze

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi RobertHl,

In addion, I’ve read about another case, which could be resolved by the user via reloading his other apps too, before launching Cubasis.
Please check this as well.

Hope these tips help to solve your current issue.

Best
Lars

Hello Sirs. This issue began at 3.0.2 (when I bought Cubasis 3) and it was not solved when a 3.1 came out. Cubasis 3 crashes on launch. I only see the splash page, with the version number on it, before it goes away; showing my home screen. I have just tried your suggestion to RobertHl to no avail. When I was on 3.0.2, I reformated the iPad Pro and reloaded the software to no avail.I am using an iPad Pro (second generation) at 512 GB running software version 13.5.1. Any help you can provide on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Hi shadowfire87,

Thank you for your message.

If Cubasis 3 crashes when being launched, something seems to be fully wrong.
In this case, I suggest to backup all files and re-install the app.

Once done, please check if the problem appears, when using Cubasis on its own.

If the problem comes back, when using 3rd party instruments and or apps, please let us know which apps are involved.
In this case, make sure to inform the 3rd party app vendors about the problem too.

Best wishes,
Lars

Ok, I deleted Cubasis 3: version 3.1, installed 3.1.1., and upon launch it asked for permission to use the microphone, which I allowed, then it crashed. I tried to launch it again and this time it crashed to the home screen without asking for use of the microphone. That is my current status.

shadowfire87 wrote:
Ok, I deleted Cubasis 3: version 3.1, installed 3.1.1., and upon launch it asked for permission to use the microphone, which I allowed, then it crashed. I tried to launch it again and this time it crashed to the home screen without asking for use of the microphone. That is my current status.

Hi shadowfire87,

Thank you for your feedback.

While there can be situations that Cubasis can render unreliable, it should not happen as in your example.

Please give it a try to fully turn off your iPad, followed by a restart of the iPad and Cubasis.

If these tips all don’t help, I’d suggest to backup all of your data and reset/restore the iPad.

Please keep me updated.

Best,
Lars

I have decided to wipe out the iPad and configure it as a new one. My thinking is that since I did a restore, from a backup with 3.0.2. in that backup, and Cubasis 3 still crashed then whatever the issue was that stopped Cubasis 3 from opening is in the backup. Everything is working fine now. Thank you for all of your assistance.

Thanks for the update, shadowfire87.
Glad to read that everything works fine now!

Best,
Lars