[SOLVED] Dorico & Cubase simultaniously w UR44

Hi there,

Using Dorico Pro 3, Cubase Pro 10.5 and a UR44 on Windows 10, what set-up of drivers works so that both can be used simultaneously?

I generally toggle between various ASIO drivers (mainly Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO, ASIO for Generic USB Device, Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver) but can’t achieve consistent, reliable results, so I’m wondering what people use that works, as I’d love to use them loaded both at the same time.

Thanks,

Rich

Just seen this and will test out the options presented:

SOLVED:

Ulf’s solution in this thread (ASIO Dorico and Cubase - Dorico - Steinberg Forums) does work:

• Cubase: Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio Driver
  • Dorico: Generic Low Latency ASIO driver

In Dorico’s Device Setup>Device Control Panel menu, ticking “Allow ASIO host application to take exclusive control of selected port configuration” hides the UR44 as an option, so ensure this is unticked (as per Anthony Hughes’s video explanation at 12:55: Troubleshooting Playback Issues in Dorico | Support - YouTube)

With this unticked, select “Line (Steinberg UR44)” then quit and reload Dorico - the reason I was convinced that this didn’t work is that the Device Setup window was still showing a non-UR44 option (“Realtek Digital Output”, though that’s just my computer), and so I didn’t think it was working. However, with the “Line (Steinberg UR44)” selected, when I quit and reloaded Dorico the Device Setup menu now showed “Line (Steinberg UR44)” as expected.

It’s the above paragraph (essentially just resetting) that caused the confusion, as Dorico wasn’t displaying the newly selected output port. However, something was clearly happening behind the scenes and after resetting this is now working consistently.

Thanks Ulf!

Rich

You’re welcome :slight_smile: