[SOLVED] Dorico Pro 4 won't launch on Monterey (12.1)

The following screen pops up (and can’t be activated - no buttons do anything):
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 4.40.07 AM

And then Dorico Pro 4 becomes unresponsive and has to be forced to quit.

Could you please zip up the Dorico 4 folder in /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg and attach it here, so we can take a look and see if there are any clues as to what might be going on?

Dorico 4.zip (8.4 KB)

I finally got Dorico Pro 4 to launch by manually granting access to folders that it was complaining about not having access to.
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.13.20 AM

Great, glad you’re up and running. I find this a bit peculiar – do you have any unusual configuration on your system, e.g. have you aliased your user folder to a removable drive or anything like that?

No. Nothing special. I have an external drive attached for Time Machine. Oh, and I do use iCloud a lot so some of these folders are not local to the machine.

Very interesting. Normally what I find is that Dorico only needs to request access when I try to open a project from a folder it’s not seen before. I guess you could also get around this by enabling “Full Disk Access” in System Preferences, though you shouldn’t in general need to.

Is it possible you might have something in your Recent Files listing that refers to an external drive? If you’re upgrading from a previous version then the Recent Files list will probably be migrated across from that.

No external drives are referenced in the ‘Recent Files’ folder. It’s some weird permissions error. On my laptop, I had no problem granting folder access to Dorico Pro 4 but on my desktop running Monterey, I got several modal dialogs with Dorico requesting folder access each of which was non-responsive and wouldn’t go away until I logged out of my account and then logged back in. In any case, manually granting access to these folders worked.