(SOLVED) Feature request: Global MIDI Panic

Some auv3s I’m using are sticking note on when I stop the transport in Cubasis.
I figure this is their problem rather than Cubasis.

However, trying to figure out which synth it is in a large project and use the individual track Midi panic is tiresome.

So, I’d like a MIDI Panic button to be added to the MIDI settings in (Project) Setup.
This would send a MIDI panic to all tracks and save me the effort of finding which track is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Hi belldu,
This happens quite regularly when I stop a project in the middle, I usually quickly tap the play button twice and that stops the notes from sounding :+1:

Thanks will give it a go.

Hi @belldu,

So, I’d like a MIDI Panic button to be added to the MIDI settings in (Project) Setup.

Did you try the existing MIDI panic button in Cubasis?

Best
Lars

Well I’ll be blowed! I have never noticed that panic button :face_with_peeking_eye:
Thanks Lars :beers:

Yes, the existing MIDI panic button is on each track.
This is fine if you know which track is causing the problem.

I wanted a global button that MIDI panics on every MIDI track.

I tried fixitmania53s solution to repeatedly press start / stop on the transport and it does work, but probably not a deliberate design choice.

Hi @belldu,

I wanted a global button that MIDI panics on every MIDI track.

The MIDI panic button acts global…

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
This quote is from the Cubasis3 help guide:

MIDI PANNIC BUTTON

In the rare event of MIDI notes hanging, use the MIDI panic button in the Routing tab to instantly silence all MIDI events triggered within Cubasis and any hardware connected through the MIDI ports.

I never realised this feature was global, but the only draw back when you are in Key Editor or other editing windows is having to exit that window to access the panic button and then go back into Key Editor, that’s why a quick double tap on PLAY does the trick, but I think a global panic button next to the transport controls for instance would be far easier to access and less time consuming, considering note sticking happens quite frequently, this would be beneficial for those who don’t know about double tapping the play button.
Mike.

Hi @fixitmania53,

I never realised this feature was global, but the only draw back when you are in Key Editor or other editing windows is having to exit that window

You do not have to exit the editor window. the panic button is accessible via the editor is opened. If you have the editor set to full screen simply make it smaller.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Yet again, you are right, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.
Thank you🍻

1 Like

I’ve confirmed that the ‘track level’ MIDI panic is in fact global. I assumed because it was associated with a track on the UI that it somehow only impacted that track… so you can actually use it on any track you want.

I then got curious, and put a Mozaic MIDI effect on a track to see which messages Cubasis sends on HostStop:
Sustain Off (64,0)
All notes Off (123,0)
All sound Off (120,0)
Sustain Off (64,0)

Using MIDI Panic then sends:
Sustain Off (64,0)
Sustain Off (64,0)
Sustain Off (64,0)
All notes Off (123,0)
All sound Off (120,0)

All messages are sent on MIDI Channel 1.

The MIDI panic button is in a pretty confusing place in the Cubasis UI but now I know what it does I can use it with more confidence.

I agree with you there, I reckon a good place to put this button is right next to the mixer icon on the top left, or top right - next to the shop icon, I would also like to see this button accessible using Midi Learn, I have loads of spare buttons on my keyboard that would gladly connect to the Panic Button………just dreams