[solved?] First sidechain send not always showing up!

Hi there,

as I have written in the email, we never could follow up any issue regarding the side- chaining.

All reported issues were user related, nor the routing or either the VST Plug-Ins were not capable of side- chaining.

So it will be very interesting to chase this…
:wink:

Cheers,

Marcus

Thank you for joining in Marcus. Sorry to blow a hole in your English but I’m not sure what you’re saying (too many negatives! :wink: ). Should the second sentence read:

All reported issues were either user related, or the routing or the VST Plug-Ins were not capable of side- chaining.

The OP was about the internal compressor, which does allow sidechaining, right? And can you clarify what constitutes a user-related issue? Do you mean someone sets it up wrong? (which I might have done, of course, I’m quite happy to be corrected)

:smiley:
Crotchety

Sorry, but there IS a problem, Steinberg - at least with version 6.5. I am seeing this exact same problem, and I’m using the internal compressor. Just like the original poster stated, the compressor is set up, the side chain is activated, I go to another channel, select send… and no sidechain listed. Yet if I set up a second side chain on another channel, IT shows up in the sends list.

This problem does not happen often. I use side chains a lot. It seems to occur every 20th session or so, and I haven’t yet been able to pin down a pattern for making it reoccur… not that I’m trying very hard!

But yes, the problem is real. Unless it’s fixed in version 7, etc.
But it’s good to know there’s a workaround. I didn’t think to try. I just thought I had a corrupted channel and was going to have to do something a little more vigorous to fix it!

Yes, that seems to be the case in 7.0.2, and indeed in 6.0.7. 6.0.7 was released July 23rd, 2012, which suggests things were okay by the time DocMa posted in August that he had seen the problem in 6.5.1! Clearly not ok for everyone but, as Steinberg never managed to reproduce, maybe there was something in the idea that it was an issue only for certain individuals, even if they were only using internal plugs. [Head-scratching icon]

Anyway, I can’t reproduce now, so it seems fixed. Would others mind confirming, please? (including previous versions if you still have them installed) Then I can remove the question mark from the OP.

Just had this issue today - never had it before. C6.54 (x32)

You’re not the only one to report problems with 6.5, although not everyone has them. Have you tried the fix I posted earlier? (Steinberg Forums) It would be useful to report success/failure. In case it doen’t make sense any more (like it just didn’t to me!) you create a dummy, create the one you want, then delete the dummy.

I’ve just checked again with 7.0.4 64-bit on W7 and it’s fine. I don’t see that anyone reported a problem with 7+.

If it’s any comfort Steinberg were watching this (Steinberg Forums) so if it’s happening again, keep the thread live.

Good luck, I’m afraid I can’t be any more help here, so I’ll surrender the thread to you guys with issues still.

Cheers,
C

6.0.7 here

happens to me with stock cubase plugs and waves renaissance compressor I got use to it now but shame Steinberg cant sort it.

Ive Just started encountering this problem also.

My Problem is there are duplicate instances of the previous side-chained FX’s in Sends list
it seems to happen around the 4th sidechained Effect. ???

Big setback !!

Amazing - this issue is still there in March 2015. Just tried in Nuendo (latest build) and have the exact symptoms detailed above.

I have exact the same problem! Steinberg, do something please!!!

I have the exact same problem in the 9.5 Pro version