SOLVED - Help please - Syncrosoft Licence Error

Has anyone seen this error message come up on installing steinberg software

Syncrosoft Licence Control Warning

There are other activated processes which disturb the installation process.
Please restart the computer and repeat the installation.

Restarting just takes me back to same message

I’m getting this message on installing HSO upgrade from Halion String Edition 1 under Windows 7 64bit.
There were no problems on Windows 7 32bit machine?

Any info / feedback on the cause of this error would be appreciated as I have a Cubase 6 and Halion Sonic upgrade to undertake on my Windows 7 64bit machine as well.

Cheers

David

Have you checked to see if you have the latest version of the eLC?
A LOT of very strange problems can be sorted jut by installing the latest one… i think i had a similar problem with 5.5 when it came out and just assumed the one included in the update was the latest one… as you would, but apparently not! installed the latest one and it sorted it out straight away!.. worth a go if you haven’t tried already.

You do have the latest License Control Center installed? EDIT: got beaten by a minute…

Luck, Arjan

Yes I installed the latest from the Syncrosoft site prior to the install. So hoefully can rule that one out.

Any other ideas anyone?

Cheers

David

You might try installing the program directly, without the start center. Not sure what the structure on the DVD is, but there should be a separate install file on it.

Luck, Arjan

Finally figured this out.

There is a v1-5 64bit update which you simply need to run in place of the installer on the original DVD.
Then simply copy the DVD content files to a location of your choice, open the HSO 1-5 standalone and point it at the content location.

The HSO manual references the fact that the HSO content can be read by Halion 3 so using the 64bit version of that may also negate the need to use the HSO 1.5 update.

I now wonder if Halion Sonic will also read the HSO files, anyone know? (If not more reading needed)

It would be nice to rationalise the various Halion sample players, I wonder if we get a Halion 4 or whether Halion Sonic will take its place?

Cheers

David