[SOLVED] How 2 prevent automation data automatic "clean-up"?

Hello everybody.

I have this annoying problem/issue with Cubase 8.5.20 that really bugs me, and there just might be an easy solution available in the Preferences but due to my severe ADHD/ADD/Tourette it’s really, REALLY difficult and overwhelming for me to start browsing the prefs, since I tend to easily NOT notify stuff that’s right before my eyes and I just tend to get really frustrated and angry.

SO HERE’S THE ISSUE:::::::::::

When I playback a mixing project from start to finish, I sometimes do record some automation “live” but what bugs the hell out of me that by default (WHY, STEINY???) Cubase annoyingly cleans up the automation info leaving only the beginning value (when I start the playback & recording my adjustments) and the ending value (when the song ends and I just disable the WRITE button) and completely misses EVERYTHING between those points. OH HELL HOW ANNOYING!!!

So the “good” reason might be that when the changes are not too big then Steinberg thinks in behalf of their customers that those subtle changes “must not be so important” and Cubase just cleans them away.

SO::: WHERE IN THE PREFERENCES IS THE ADJUSTMENT FOR THAT AUTOMATION INFO RECORDING AND TO DISABLE ALL AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENTS TO THE RECORDED VALUES? Or - is that adjustment even available??

All the help would be appreciated and I wouldn’t have to spend the rest of my day in bad mood and go to sleep when angry. :slight_smile:

Thank You, friends!

-Tommi

Open automation panel, click on the cog, change the reduction level to your preference.

BUT…if you are serious that it leaves only beginning and end point then I can’t help thinking something else is wron!

See if it helps and report back

Hi,

Could you provide some screenshots? Before automation writing and after? What Automation settings do you use?

Okey, thanks, I will check that.

I might explained that start and ending points a bit too vaguely. The thing simply seems to appear due to the fact that:

1. My automation changes were only quite slight

and:

1. The point where I disabled the recording (the ending point) just was with a bit different value of the parameter than what it was when I started the recording. So Cubase “only” rejected all the subtle automation change in between.

Hi, Martin! And thank You for your post.

I’ll first try to adjust the automation settings according to the post sent by Grim, and if I can’t get it working then I’ll surely post some screenshots. I’ll try it out now and I’ll post here whatever the outcome is.

-Tommi

Hi, Grim & Martin and THANK YOU - the instructions worked like a charm; I put the reduction value all the way down to zero, since I luckily do have the energy to clean out the extra automation info :slight_smile:

So the issue is solved. It turned out to be designed to work even more sophisticatedly than what I hoped how that feature should be utilized (only on/off from the Prefs) :slight_smile:

So I don’t need to send any screen shots either so I’ll just mark this issue as solved/closed.

Thank you both once again!