[SOLVED] How to use USB Sound Card on Cubasis

I have M-Audio M-Track I normally use to record with my android tablet and iPad camera connection kit OTG cable that I tried to use with iPad Air to test things out on Cubasis but it seems my iPad don’t recognize it. So what is the best way to connect external USB sound card on iPad to record on Cubasis?

Hi,

the M-track is indicated as class compliant and should work in combination with an original Apple Camera USB kit. So the OTG you are using is that the Apple one?

Thanks!
RG

:unamused: I don’t think its original or by apple. Just bought it in a local store here. But I use it to transfer photos to my PC from my iPad Air. Any link on how to get a genuine one that is sure to work?
May be the same you are using that’s if you are using iPad Air. :slight_smile:

Hi,

so far I do not know any other kit that is working with audio interfaces, then the original from apple that you can buy from their website or store. :unamused:

Thanks!
RG

okmedia
It’s possible the MTrack needs a bit more power than the iPad will give. Try testing it with a powered USB hub.
HTH

:slight_smile: hello guys,

A SOLUTION FOUND
Today I found an OTG cable that looks promising, although don’t think its original. When I plug it with my sound card, I got this message on the IPad “Cannot Use Device: M-Track: The connected device requires too much power” and that’s good news. At least the sound card is detected. So I bought Targus 4-port USB 3.0 hub with power adapter and try connect through it. That solved the problem. But I think I still need to get original OTG from apple. Don’t really trust this one although it works.

Thank you guys for your support.