[SOLVED] Mixer Window Cut

Hi,
For some reason my mixer window in Cubae Pro 8 has had the bottom cut off it and I can’t see the full track names. The slider that used to exist at the bottom can’t be seen at all and I can’t navigate left and right accordingly.
No amount of setup options or window configuring seems to have any affect. Still no slider.
I found an old thread about the same issue occurring in elements 7 and having to delete possibly corrupted preference files.
I’ve come from elements 7 to 7.5 and now pro 8 so it could be connected I guess.
I just don’t want to start deleting things I shouldn’t.
Can someone help?
Thx,
G

Hi goosecat,

try this and see if it helps:

• Open your MixConsole
  • Press the “Alt” key on your keyboard and keep pressing it
  • Click on the “Funtions Menu” button on the upper right corner (still pressing Alt)
  • Lastly click on “Reset MixConsole Window”

Does that work?

Regards

Hi Luis,
I’d like to say yes but unfortunately it didn’t work. It did re-set the window but the problem is still there.
Any other suggestions?
Regards
G

Hi goosecat,

can you upload a screeshot of your Mixer?

Cheers!

Hi Luis,
The screenshot is attached.
Regards,
G

Hi goosecat,

do you have that problem only on existing projects? Or also with new “empty” projects?
Could you please also try a “Safe Start” and see if that helps? If so, please let me know.

BTW, this is how you start Cubase in Safe-Mode:

Cheers!

Hi Luis,
The problem occurs in both existing and new projects.
I started Cubase in Safe Start mode and disabled preferences as suggested.
In safe start mode I opened both existing and new projects.
Unfortunately the result is the same. The mixer window is still cut at the bottom.
To ease my own mind regarding it being some kind of error within my operating system I’ve opened both new and the same existing projects in 7.5 with no problems.
Regards,
G

Hi goosecat,

can you please tell exactly which version of Cubase 8 you have installed? Is it 8.0.20? You can check that under “Help → About Cubase”.

Cheers

Hi Luis,
I recently upgraded to 8.0.20.
I can’t be sure as I did not keep in my mind the specific day I first noticed the problem but I believe it may have started after that upgrade.
Regards,
G

Hi goosecat,

I’m not sure if it’s related, but it is worth a try. Please see if doing what’s described on this article helps you:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-8020-crashes-when-opening-the-vst-instruments-rack-or-while-loading-an-existing-project.html

Let me know if it works.

Regards

Have you tried a System Restore? Restore your system to a time before your issue began.

Worth a try?

Edit: Here’s a post I made a while back to someone else with the same problem

Re: big problem with upgrad to 8.0.20!!
I had something similar to this. I had no scroll bar in the mixer.

What I did was run a system restore from before I installed 8.0.20, and then after that reinstalled 8,0,20 update and that cured the problem.

Hi guys,

I ended up doing a complete pro 8 uninstall then re-installed it and checked the problem. It was fixed.
I then re-did the new 8.0.20 update to see if the problem re-occurred but it hasn’t.
I think there may have been some sort of compatibility issue with the original 8.0.20 update.
The system restore idea and my removal of pro 8 altogether was probably unnecessary.

The one thing the 2 options shared in common was a removal of the first 8.0.20 upgrade.
There has been changes made to that upgrade already (such as the fix for the skin.srf file issue as noted above by Luis) and the new 8.0.20 upgrade seems to be fine. At least that’s my guess.

Thank you both for the assistance.
G

Hey goosecat,

This happens to me once in a while.

What I do is click on the screen and go to ‘Screen Resolution’ and fiddle with those settings.

That works without having to re-install anything.

Why it happens, I have no idea. Could be a bug.

Hey Jamusic,
That’s handy to know, cheers.
If it happens again I’ll give it a shot.
Thx,
G
PS; I just noticed we are both ASUS users. I wonder …!

Yeah, you just never know, right?

Same exact thing happen to me. Tried everything suggested on here and only thing that worked was to uninstall Cubase and reinstall, then reinstalled update. Mixer looks fine now.

I’m on PC, WIN 7 x64, Intel i5,

But I have another bug that I’m going to create a new thread for. Plugins in Insert channel do not work when monitor mode is activated. They only come alive on playback.