[SOLVED]Need your help with this jingle in-progress

Hi friends,

The below link is a jingle I composed and its unfinished yet. I wanted to discuss your opinions on what to improve or change. I am also looking for a VST instrument or any techniques to make the ending brass chords to fall chromatically down after sustaining them for a crochet length.

By the way the track is completely based on virtual instruments no live except the percussions.

https://soundcloud.com/anilnc/demo-track-ongoing-project

Please help me out. I tried to write notes chromatically down same way like you will hear in the middle of the track I used the falls. But at the end its sound too artificial. I know with VST they won’t sound like a live brass, but there is other option for me than to use VSTs. I am trying to search some libraries to find atleast the brass stab falls.

Any other comments on the arrangements, please tell me. Even if it is good tell me which one is good and which one is bad.

UPDATE:

Below is the link after I modified the above track. PLEASE LISTEN BOTH and comment your views good and bad or even horrible.

Thanks and Regards

UPDATE:

I’ve finished the track finally and so updating with the final link to the jingle. I would be pleased to get your comments.

Thanks a lot for everyone who listened and shared your opinions with me.

Regards
Anil

Hi, I like, it makes me think of a TV theme song from the 60s or something.

Suggestion for what would I’d do if it were mine (run away!!, LOL) - starting at 21 seconds - through 27 seconds - instead of repeating the musical motif again (3rd, 4th time in 30 seconds?) - I’d look at a 6 second musical crescendo - same musical feel, but different enough that it keeps the listener riveted instead of just starting to wonder if that thing over there is something to focus on instead of the jingle; not necessarily a volume crescendo (though that could be OK as part of it) - climaxing in the very nice stab ending.

Thanks Alexis for your feedback. I like that idea of crescendo ending. If I understood correctly what you mean is, for the last 2 beats where that sax and rhodes repeat, making a crescendo to give a change for the audience.

Anyways the client wanted it to be more faster tempo and kind of upbeat jazz or swing. Now I’m doing a research on what it sounds like if its faster in tempo and swing. Hurry Burry…

Thanks again.

Without asking you to breach confidentiality … what kind of product does the client sell?

The clients are agency and the product they and me are working is for an advert for Amusement park. The visuals will be like multiple photo shots in time lapse.

Have you received a script? All the advert with VO work I do is done hand in hand with a script/music movement to match.

at :10 to:19 it is hectic and disorientating. You must get all instruments in absolute sync including the vocals. 10 seconds to the first change may be a bit too long. You have to catapult the experience and in my opinion, the first and second changes have to happen earlier to accelerate the piece especially if it is a theme park, then the remaining change/changes can be longer onto reiterate the tag then the outro.

Have a listen to these ones:
Fast-paced:
http://woodcreststudio.com/vo/TIDE.mp3
Slower paced:
http://woodcreststudio.com/vo/PSA.mp3

You will hear how the acceleration of the Tide commercial pushes you right along. The vo parts were scripted WITH the music to form the body of the ad-work.

If you are flying blind on this, I would polish up what you have and send the ad agency a rough for feedback.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your feedback wood crest studio.

No there is no script given. It will be like photo shoots in time lapse effect. The camera facing the people sitting on the rides and people kids enjoying / reactions.

Did u hear the second link I updated?

Anyways I’m working on a new track for the same with more faster.

I basically needed some VSTi’s for brass falloff.

Thanks again.

I’ve finished the track finally and so updating with the final link to the jingle. I would be pleased to get your comments.

Thanks a lot for everyone who listened and shared your opinions with me.

Regards
Anil

BRILLIANT mate !! Thats superb !! You really made those VST’s ‘swing’ and you got the brass-fall at the end. :mrgreen:

Thanks mate. Happy to get your kind appreciations. :smiley:

I actually finished it the next day or 2, but with singer and lyrics it took time.

A big thanks to Halion sonic and zero g.

Good work!
I think you nailed it, sounds very professional :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot strophoid for listening and your kind words.

Cheers
Anil

Hi friends,

I would like to share with you the video for this jingle. I thank each one of you who took your precious time to listen and share your views and tips and for being a well wisher. Your comments encouraged me a lot.

THANK YOU :slight_smile: