[SOLVED] No Licence? HELP ME PLEASE

I am unable to open Dorico - I get the following -
No Licence was found. Click enter Activation Code to Launch eLicencer Control Center and enter your Activation Code’.

When I do this and put in my activation code and click Continue I get the following -

NO eLicencer Selectable
Currently there is no eLicencer connected to your computer. Please connect a USB eLicencer to your computer???

I dont use my USB (that is on my PC in the studio) I installed Dorico on my MacBook and not needed the USB as it is only this MacBook I use it on?

I am currently in a place with no WiFi is this the problem? or is it something else?

Thanks

Have you just installed Dorico and try to run it the first time or did you have it already running at some stage?

Usually Dorico doesn’t need an USB eLicneser, because the license can also go onto the Soft-eLicenser of your MacBook. Could you please post a screenshot of the eLicenser Control Center?

I have had Dorico virtually since day one, its been installed only on this MacBook since October 2016.
I set it up with the Soft eLicencer but out of the blue it gives me this problem?

Andy

So then the license was already installed to the Soft-eLicenser.
And the eLicenser Control Center shows nothing, just an empty empty window for both, the eLicensers and the licenses? A screenshot would be nice.

Under the ‘Action’ menu, you could try ‘Maintenance’ or ‘Recover’ but it requires an internet connection.

If that doesn’t help, maybe a reinstallation of eLC could help. You can download it from here:

Screen Shot 2.png
Screen Shot 2.png

Just downloaded the eLicencer from the link you gave and it does exactly the same.

Also got this —

Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-eLicenser on your computer system.

All I want to do is to use the software I paid for (foolishly as it seems)…

Do I need to be on line for this?

Anyone there?

any help here … ?

It says
‘Basically, activating means downloading a license. Therefore Soft-eLicenser protected software cannot be activated on a computer that is not connected to the internet. However, you can use an USB-eLicenser (dongle) to circumvent this limitation.’

Yet Steinberg seemed unable to tell me this? I did ask (earlier post) if I needed to be on line to run the soft eLicence?
loosing confidence in this product everyday…still waiting for chords etc etc etc etc etc etc…

Is it possible that some system update caused this? Could you set your system to an earlier date (Time machine…?)

For the license activation you need to be online, yes. But once that is done not anymore.

Since you had it already running, that means the license activation was successful at some stage and everything was running properly.

Now that it doesn’t work anymore, something must have altered your system, especially in regards to the eLC.
If reinstalling it doesn’t help, then I don’t know any further.

If something on his system had changed, elc would throw an error to that effect, but it appears instead that the elicenser file has become unreadable.

You need to delete and replace it.

See this knowledgebase article, and be sure to read the warnings: I’m assuming it applies to Dorico, but I’ve only ever tried it with Cubase AI etc.

And now I get this???

Please help someone
Screenshot 2017-02-23 18.06.00.png

You’re not really giving enough details to answer your questions.

what details do you need?

I dbl click the Dorico icon, I get a box saying - No Licence found. Click Enter Activation Code to launch elicenser Control Centre and enter your Activation code.

I do this and enter the Activation code

Next box has a cross in it and says -

The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license.
Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.

After downloading the elicenser again and installing I get the following

The Activation code has been used already. …

Activation codes are one time use. You can reactivate from your steinberg account.

I can’t, when I go to my Steinberg and select elicenser it shows my Cubase 9 only
when i select soft licenser it says -
No products found on this eLicenser.