[SOLVED] Sustain pedal on keyboard controller muting track

Have a problem that just started: when I use the sustain pedal on my MIDI controller keyboard (Roland A-800Pro) it mutes the instrument track. I put MIDI Monitor on the track and I see it transmit on CC64 like it should for the sustain pedal (127 when engaged, 0 when released), but it is muting the track. How to I get the Mute function from responding to CC64, or is something else going on?
Thanks

1 Like

The first thing that comes to mind is that there is something fishy in either an active Generic Remote definition, or a Input transformer setup. Beside this… :confused:

1 Like

Thanks cubic13. Yes, it dawned on me finally the Generic Remote would be a good place to look. I had been working with setting up a couple of the controls to work in the mixer the other day, but was only using the first 5 or 6 controls. However, when I scrolled down a little while ago, all the mutes were set to CC64. Not sure how I managed to do that - some strange toggle? So I set them all to CC14 which is unused and now my sustain pedal is working properly again.

Glad that you got it solved. :slight_smile: Beside this, the whole Generic Remote feature is a great one, but plagued with several bugs that never have been solved. Be sure to ALWAYS save the definitions you have been working on : it’s the key to make it (more or less) work as expected (beside, among others, the NRPN messages not recognized or an attempt to add a strip which will bork the whole mixer configuration). Still waiting, after all these years, for a complete overhaul of it… :unamused:

Good advice. I’ll do that right now.

Exact same thing happened to me. I followed your advice and set all mutes (which were all @CC64) to CC14 - and all is well again.
I certainly did not mess with those assignments and am sure it was Cubase which made these bad decisions for me.
Shame on you Steinberg. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.: this happened in Cubase 13 - so, after all these years, this aspect has not changed.

1 Like