"SOLVED" Tempo Track with a pick-up strange reaction

Hello,

I tried to import a Tempo Track made with Logic to Dorico 4.1 with a pick-up bar,
but it is not working.

What I’m doing wrong?

CleanShot 2022-07-16 at 15.06.42

You’d need to attach the actual tempo track MIDI file for us to be able to provide any guidance as to what’s going on.

Please refer to this thread for how to report issues in a way that makes it possible for others to help you (tl/dr: pictures normally aren’t enough):

AFAIK the midi filespec does not support pickup bars. It has to be either a meter change, or it pads out a full bar zero in the file. Try this: Put a new 12/8 meter at bar 1 in Logic and make a 1/8 bar for the pickup. Then in Dorico you can replace the correct meter.

1 Like

Sorry that I didn’t put the MIDI file.

Tempo Track pick up issue.mid (1.4 KB)

Hello Mark_Johnson,

Thank you for your reply.

On Logic on bar 1 I made a 1/8 meter, but I couldn’t make a 12/8 meter next to it.
It would replace the 1/8 to a 12/8 meter.

Again on Logic on bar 1 with a meter 12/8 I put the midi region starting on the 12th 8th note of the bar.
When I imported this MIDI Tempo Track again Dorico shift from a pick bar to a normal bar.

Finally I gave up with the pick up and on started on bar 1 with “silence” I get it work but it’s not ideal.

CleanShot 2022-07-17 at 12.06.29
tempo track start at bar 1 12th note.mid (142 Bytes)

Could Logic create a 13/8 measure for the first bar and then switch to 12/8?

1 Like

Thank you Derrek,

1/8 and 13/8 :+1:t2: works

My bad, I was not clicking on the + button on the Logic Signature. :pray:

CleanShot 2022-07-17 at 14.48.27

Dorico Accept it :+1:t2: but would prefer a 12/8 on Dorico instead of a 1/8 then 12/8

I suppose you could double click that 1/8 meter, input « 12/8,1 » in the popover, then delete the next 12/8 marking and you’d be ok… I don’t think MIDI stuff even understands what a pickup bar is.

1 Like

Thank you also MarcLarcher,

It worked :+1:t2:

Thank you all :smiley:

1 Like