(SOLVED) Unable to Export as MP3 and Unable to Import FLAC

Everything worked great till now. I used to be able to bounce my projects as MP3 now the option for that is gone for some reason. Also I can’t import FLACs. Not sure if it had anything to do with elicenser but I can recall a few times when I boot Cubase I got this long message about an error and I was dumb enough to ignore what it was about.

Did anyone experience this issue?

What version and build of Cubase do you have installed? What operating system are you on? Are you able to export/import .wav files?

I had 6.5.3 and I just installed the latest one 6.5.5 assuming it might fix it but it didnt.

Windows 64bit
Cubase 6.5 Artist

I’m not able to Import the Wav files as well. Same ones with the ones I just exported as Wav.

** i wont be replying for a while since i’ll be asleep but any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Not being able to import .wav files is particularly odd. What version of Windows is it (XP, 7, 8, etc)? If you start a new empty project and go to File, Import, Audio File, then import a commercially recorded .wav file, what is the error you receive?

Hey sorry about that its Windows 7 65bit

I followed your instruction and I managed to import one wav file which I bought from Beatport. Another weird thing is as I tried to look for my mp3 files, it wouldnt detect it. I had to change the option of “files of type” to Any in order for me to see it. Other than that it just wont import at all and no message. But for FLAC i would get file not supported. And sometimes just no message at all.

Thanks

I would suggest setting the file to All Available file types. Or you should be able to select FLAC manually.

Artist 6.5 does not include the MP3 encoder for export. You can purchase it from http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/sku/500242444.html

I’ve already purchased the MP3 Encoder since I’ve bought this. Isnt it a one time thing? And as for FLAC I NEVER had to change the setting to “All Available File Types”. I would always see it there.

I emailed for support and I was told to install the new elicenser and no luck…

Should I reinstall my cubase??

=-=-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I’ve searched and found this solution -

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/kb_back/2025.html

Thanks for replying and the help anyway Chris :wink:

If you have a license for the MP3 encoder, you should not need to purchase it again (just FYI for anyone else reading this).

I’m glad to hear you found a solution to your issue, happy recording!