Hi everyone!
My card worked stably after the designation in the bios of the item:
XHCI mode-disable
Plus, I marked it in the bios:
XHCI hand-off-disable
EHCI hand-off - disable

In fact, I forcibly transferred all USB ports to version 2.0
After the card works without lags.
It is important to note that the lags are not due to the load on the device. If you believe Audio Perfomance-the load on the hardware is very low. Nevertheless, the “peak” window is regularly colored red, and in the Control Panel tab - Yamaha Steiberg USB Driver, an evil inscription appears at the bottom: - " audio interruption due to usb error is detected… etc." The processor is loaded by 3-7%, RAM by 15-20%, the SSD disk is not loaded, LatencyMon is in the green zone all, and there are lags.

Based on this, we can conclude that: changing the settings of the ASIO buffer, optimizing system performance, replacing wires, etc. - this is like a dead poultice.

There is a clear conflict with XHCI mode, which constantly trottles the USB interface of the device.

Translated by Google

1 Like

Hello
On which exact computer/usb controller is this? Is the Bios updated?
I have not seen xhci problems for years, and turning xhci off is in most cases not a valid solution as you can’t use external hard drives for example (well you can but they would be too slow on usb 2.0).

Chipset:

1. 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  2. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)

Chipset + Renesas® uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hub:

1. 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
  • here is information about my motherboard from official website. I use the internal USB controller.
    “you can’t use external hard drives for example…” - Yes! I know, but I don’t know what to do about it.
    At any rate my UR44 is working well. The slow external hard drive is another problem less important to me. I’ll try to buy a external controller USB 3.1. Maybe it will solve this problem.
    My system is:
    HP Intel Xeon E5 2630L v3/Gigabyte X99-UD4/32GB/ AMD 5700XT/ OCZ Vertex 3 MI - 240Gb/WinPro10
    ALL the soft is updated including BIOS.

So even if you use the dedicated usb 2.0 ports you have to turn off xhci completely to have the ur44 work? I have no idea what to do about it then.
Edit: Chack with Gigabyte, they might have a solution.

Unfortunately I don’t know other solutions in my case( I spend a lot of time (too much) to find this fix.
Tried a lot of advises and recommendations. This one is working to me. I checked:
XHCI mode enable - I have lags
XHCI mode disable - no lags

1 Like

You are right! IT WAS GYGABYTE!!!
For gigabyte motherboard XHCI mode-must be MANUAL.
No disable, no enable, no auto, no smart auto.
NOW! USB 3.0 and 2.0 is working right!
Thanks a lot for your advice.

1 Like

Great stuff @Rodion_Kryukov!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips bud with the UR44 (1st Gen) audio interface and Gigabyte, just trying this out now as it’s been doing my head in for ages with audio dropouts and on previous interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro but never happened at all with the old ancient M-Audio Delta 1010 I had. The audio dropouts only seem to happen after a while (an hour or so) using Chrome/Brave browsers with 5 or so tabs open. I have an old Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (rev. 1.0) i7-3770k CPU & 32GB RAM and had previously tried disabling Hyper Threading and changing the performance to Normal instead of Turbo/Extreme and worked for a short time OK before I had to restart PC. Just a quick question if you can help… Can I re-enable Hyper Threading and Boost the performance again to Turbo/Extreme or is it best to leave those Disabled/Normal? I’m sure I’ll find out soon anyway and can test those again but thought I’d ask with you having similar motherboard. Thanks again, so far it’s working great. You’re a star, Paul

I was having more problems and seemed to work ok after reboot for a while but drop outs would always return in the end I think I fixed now after disabling any unused USB Ports in Device Manager which were showing as being problematic and causing issues according to LatencyMon I disabled the ports which were using the USBSTORE driver and seems to be running smoothly so far and believe me I’ve been trying to fix the issue for a while and thought I’d fixed it at one point after rebooting but it just used to come back after spending a while on the internet. I’m now praying that was the fix

Try LatencyMon 7.20 (Free) It’s near bottom under System Monitoring Tools
Resplendence Software - Free Downloads

1 Like

UPDATE: Audio Dropouts returned so saying Goodbye to my UR44 and using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo at moment until I can sell my UR44 and get a Scarlett 6i6. Shame Steinberg don’t offer support to those having dropout issues a bit like how Behringer don’t care also about their Customers when I owned one of their interfaces but didn’t have the audio drop out issues with theres or with my M-Audio Delta 1010 or Focusrite Scarlett

1 Like