Some Cubase 12 teasers ? ( tired of netflix )

I was part of a zoom meeting (Mid November i think) where a well respected face attended, and the meeting narrowed down to about 5 of us and so became very candid/private ‘off the record’ talk.

They’re under NDA, of course, but despite that said that they didn’t know anything firm on C12 release (And you’d expect them to). However, they expected it to be VERY hot on the heels of Dorico and well within Q1.

So when you see all these talks of it being summer and such like, unless there’s serious issues with Dorico and the new system, I can’t see it. I was really pleased to see D4 come out this week, as it certainly seems to suggest that we’ll have C12 much sooner than later.

Probably come out of the blue within next 4-6 weeks is my sneaky thought, based on nothing but sheer hope. (GIVE ME THAT MIDI API!!!) lol :slight_smile:

this Grace period is sooo long, it’s not Grace anymore it became torture period :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It will come out this week. :face_with_monocle:

i think if they won’t release soon, a cracked cubase 12 version will come out sooner then the official one :grin:

I have enjoyed reading Dorico users sharing crash reports to help fix any issues with new licensing problems. It’s really quite polite on the main.

When it comes to C12 and the licensing, Steinberg will be accused of burning houses down, stealing children and running away with our licenses within the first 24 hours! They know it, we know it… :slight_smile:

Perhaps, we should all become better people in this interim period, start drinking fine wine and subscribe to a peaceful hipster lifestyle of greater acceptance.

I’m gonna go buy some beard wax and highly premium coffee beans and become a better person… Just don’t say anything that goes against my principles or I will attack with long words who’s meanings you will need to look up!!

3 Likes

If they need help they can do a public beta. When they start to sell it people have all right to expect it to be ready.

Dudes…it is time. Get ready. Sit tight, pull out the credit card and voila.
Dongle free C12 a la vista. :fire:

sounds like wedding invitations , Save the date !
sooo it might be tomorrow ? if i remember correctly they launch cubase major updates on wednesdays.
or its just wishes and guessing games ?

1 Like

Do you know something we dont?

Doubt it will be Wednesday as there’s a standard Cubase hangout scheduled on their youtube channel. Dorico showed a scheduled introduction the day before, And I’m sure Cubase will be teased in the same way as it draws more anticipated eyes to the channel than dropping it cold.

As tomorrow is Wednesday, Mr. Ondo will be rocking on YouTube hangout which is already scheduled as usual. Hopefully with C12. :joy:

probably you are right, guess they will do some introduction to cubase 12 few days before release .

Cubase 12……….where are you?

I’m even willing to pay today for my upgrade, and wait a bit longer. Just to feel i get something.

Watch some old announcement videos on previous versions, there’s probably stuff that you aren’t using and it’ll feel new. :slight_smile:

For example, I watched a C9 video last night and learnt that the caleidoscope sound pack was designed to be used with the sample track that launched in Cubase 9. I then got lost trying it for a few hours and ended up having a mini rave with myself.

I only meant to jam on guitar for a bit lol.

In fact, this vid is always worth firing up a few times a year, there’s so many great tips and techniques which I forget to utilise:-

2 Likes

cubase 12 was due to be released yesterday but is in isolation because of the omicron virus

Bloody hell. Based on the United Kingdom protocol, it will need to be on isolation for 5 days. So next Tuesday it will out then.
Happy days :joy:

hopefully the German isolation protocol is not 2 month :sweat_smile:

It is almost 2023… Come on Steinberg. Give us something.

from a millennial perspective it’s almost 2201!

1 Like