Song a month number 6: Those Who Walk Away

Six months into my self imposed produce and release one of my own songs every month until I run out of ideas brings me to this one.

Share, enjoy and stay safe in this strange old world.

Another very good tune. I maybe would have mixed the drums (or the snare) a touch lower but works fine this way too - a matter of preference I guess. The piano sound and playing into the second chorus was very good.

Another very good tune. I maybe would have mixed the drums (or the snare) a touch lower but works fine this way too - a matter of preference I guess. The piano sound and playing into the second chorus was very good.

Thanks hko for listening and commenting and I’m really glad you liked the song.

I think you’re probably right about the drums being a touch high…I’d been putting them up and down over several versions. Sometimes once you’ve released a song it suddenly becomes obvious and then it’s too late. Doh!
It’s not a complete disaster as it does still work, as you say, but it would have been better just a little lower. Ah well, live and learn.
Glad you liked the piano in the second verse, took a while to get something that worked to sound a bit different for there.

Thanks again, go well and stay safe.

For my ears, if the guitars were a touch higher, that would probably do the trick.
Nice song, touches of Bowie!

Thanks Chubbs…you’re probably right on the guitars.

Quite a few folk seem to hear touches of Bowie, I don’t hear it myself but it’s not a bad thing to me and he was one of the first artists I was a big fan of so not surprising.

Thanks again!

1,000 times? Wow, that’s an awful lot. Thank you very much, glad you liked it.