Sonnox Inflator update

I installed the latest update of Sonnox Inflator and it seems to cause an issue in Wavelab because they changed the name slightly. They removed the work “Native” and now the plugin is just called “Sonnox Inflator” as opposed to “Sonnox Inflator Native”.

Wavelab does ask me what plugin I want to replace the missing “Sonnox Inflator Native” with, but the settings are not recalled. All my old montages with the inflator no longer recall the original settings.

Is there something that can be done on the Wavelab side to fix this?

Are you using the VST-3 version? The problem you report should only happen with VST-2

The do not offer a VST-3 version of Inflator at this time. I did hear back from Sonnox and they informed me of a fix that worked:

We are preparing a new installer for Oxford Inflator to correct this issue. In the meantime, I would be grateful if you could simply rename this file :

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Sonnox/Oxford Inflator.vst

to

Oxford Inflator Native.vst

You will be prompted to enter your Admin password. This will then enable you to reopen previous sessions. Any new work should also be saved using the renamed ‘Oxford Inflator Native.vst’ version to ensure future compatibility.

Please let me know if you need more help with this. I will then write again when the new installer is released. There will be no need to reinstall the Inflator plug-in, but I would just like to check that everything is working correctly for you.

Kind regards,

Nick

Nick Wiggins
Sonnox Support

The problem I have now is that I have montages created with both plugin names.

Do you know if it’s safe to duplicate the plugin and change one name so I have both names so that Wavelab can see both versions?

It is safe.