Sooo. Apple suck, Catalina is a bitch and I think I want a divorce

I bought a top spec 2019 macbook pro and nothing works… I get all kind of errors regarding the e-licenser dongle, and I just read about all the BS that Apple has done that makes Cubase not work on this machine.

It came with this angry feminist bitch, Catalina. And all these thunderbolt/usb c ports that forces me into hub hell. I own a macbook air with sierra, and everything works perfect on this machine. So should I just install Sierra on this new machine and turn of wifi FOREVER, or will these issues be solved within the next 10 years. I have a business where I need Cubase, so I’m very frustrated right now.

I mean, will it even work installing sierra on this piece of poop? Or will these ports be a problem working on an older operative system? So much for the whole meme about macs “just working” for creative work. ■■■■…

Apple is evil! Adam knows… :slight_smile:

I thought it was nuts that someone upgraded to Catalina, then read that it came pre-installed on your new machine (which just seems cruel). If you use a ton of third-party software and hardware, I’d honestly probably advise you to downgrade. It may take a few months (or more in some cases) for things to be Catalina ready, but it’ll eventually happen. In the meantime, if you need to get work done and rely on tools not available on Catalina, then I think you’re only logical choices are 1) downgrade, or 2) return the new Mac and switch to PC. I’d probably advise against a full platform change (option 2) unless you really want to make a point, but if possible, downgrading to the next lowest MacOS version seems like the most sensible solution for you.

Catalina seems to be Apples take on windows 8. I wont go back to Microsoft. So when Mojave is dead I guess Im ready for Linux DAW. Reaper is supported but I still have a lot of plugins that does not work. And if they dont work on OSX either I will build it up on a other platform. I think apples plan is to get all software installed though their shop, they would like to have their share of the software cash for OSX in the same way they do on IOS. Eg all software will have apple tax on 30 percent. (This is not the case now, but they have started closesdown the OSX now.)

Switched late to Mojave because it took really long until all driver a.s.o. were updated. Catalina indeed seems to be a debacle for all using their mac for more than surfing and watching videos. Will also stay therefore until the end of days with Mojave. I’m dreading the day when I have to update for whatever reason.