Soooo - Still lookin for that genius.....

Im using Cubase 5 with a tascam 1800 usb recording track. I have two microphones, one condencer and one dynamic, and a guitar line into the instrument section. Now, when I record, I play guitar live and sing- and cubase shows the audio wave lines going across the screen — everythings fine for all three.

Now, when I play it back, I have audio coming through on two of the three inputs (in this case, I have the dynamic working with the guitar), but, no condencer. No buttons muted, all the vct connections and all that are fine - i even went through and just tried to run it through the computer speakers and it still plays only two.

Now, if I wasn’t careful, I’d think I had a bum microphone - however, I recorded about 15 different songs, and it randomly switches what two it plays back from song to song. Furthermore, I have zero control over which two actually work- its like the program decides as its opening up the file, and thats that- cant do anything about it.

Why?

(Side note- when recording, id do a song, stop recording, save it, delete everything, and record again, same levels and connections and everything - so, if it was a normal malfunction, why wouldn’t it malfunction across the board and fail consistantly rather than this random playback thing - and the mics are both fine as well as the guitar - all the audios there for all three - just get two at a time for whatever reason - anyone know a fix? Be a total genius or mad scientist or something [pps - it has nothing to do with those little monitor buttons, etc - tried every combo - solo’ed the one not playing back, and all it does is clips - itll just randomly spike every 10 - 30 seconds, and thats when the little bar will go up (green in color?) but then the rest of the time, the audio rolls right by without a sound])

I hope thats descriptive enough - All the outputs are runnin to the same mono - just random clips and zero other sound.

Any brilliant thinkers out there?

Wow, still didn’t post in the right forum. :laughing:

Im using Cubase 5 with a tascam 1800 usb recording track. I have two microphones, one condencer and one dynamic, and a guitar line into the instrument section. Now, when I record, I play guitar live and sing- and cubase shows the audio wave lines going across the screen — everythings fine for all three.

Now, when I play it back, I have audio coming through on two of the three inputs (in this case, I have the dynamic working with the guitar), but, no condencer. No buttons muted, all the vct connections and all that are fine - i even went through and just tried to run it through the computer speakers and it still plays only two.

Now, if I wasn’t careful, I’d think I had a bum microphone - however, I recorded about 15 different songs, and it randomly switches what two it plays back from song to song. Furthermore, I have zero control over which two actually work- its like the program decides as its opening up the file, and thats that- cant do anything about it.

Why?

(Side note- when recording, id do a song, stop recording, save it, delete everything, and record again, same levels and connections and everything - so, if it was a normal malfunction, why wouldn’t it malfunction across the board and fail consistantly rather than this random playback thing - and the mics are both fine as well as the guitar - all the audios there for all three - just get two at a time for whatever reason - anyone know a fix? Be a total genius or mad scientist or something [pps - it has nothing to do with those little monitor buttons, etc - tried every combo - solo’ed the one not playing back, and all it does is clips - itll just randomly spike every 10 - 30 seconds, and thats when the little bar will go up (green in color?) but then the rest of the time, the audio rolls right by without a sound])

I hope thats descriptive enough - All the outputs are runnin to the same mono - just random clips and zero other sound.

Any brilliant thinkers out there?

bxb, I have locked all other topics and left this one open as you have registered a Cubase LE 5 now. Looks like this is the correct forum then.

Now please stick to this topic, if you start posting the same stuff over and over again, you’ll have to go.

He couldn’t even get the version right! :laughing:

LE5 is free, bundled with hardware, and he’s worried about selling it after registering? Guy doesn’t have too much respect for the truth, does he?

I think he’s better off sticking to the Close-N-Play for his DAW. LMFAO!!!

Sorry, but the insults this guy tossed my way in the other threads reaped him what he sowed. :smiling_imp:

All right - Heres another question:

Can I export everything that I recorded, in its entirety, to another program to mix it there, and then hopefully bypass all of this?

Question being - How do I export ALL audio, what form would it be in, and how do I do it?

Oh, also, If I export it, will it still do the same thing, or, will it take only parts of it incorrectly?

And if its this LE version - Is that worse than the normal program and thats why this sucks? Or whats different between the two?

Thanks

(PS - Im gonna post this one more time at the top of the forum page so I can get an answer. Any steinberg patrol people- I’d be happy to hear a response)

Here’s your answer; RTFM! :unamused: