Sos* cubase crashes to blue screen pls read and help

hi …
had a most annoying thing happen to me …
was working all day with no probs at all… until 1 am Friday morning …
cubase with no reason decides to loose my audio card driver … focus rite 18i20.
it restarts in the generic windows sound driver and asio when i use the arrow button to change back to y device i get a blue screen and windows is locked out untill it checks the info of the device that caused the crash … it says the focusrite is the problem…
however i am not to certain as this device works ok with various other audio application ie windows media player t racks stand alones and bfd 3 stand alone …so just cubase is the problem

wtf happend and why … how do i fix this and stop it from doing this again b ???

First thing I would do is uninstall the focusrite drivers, restart and install latest vers, then wait and see.

I bet you have automatic updates for Windows enabled…Stop that. :slight_smile:

The driver was the first thing i checked
no internet conection unless i plug in the ethernet cable myself so no updates without my saz so
also windows update is off as well as the security center thus rendering windows 10 my slave
i will roll back cubase and update to latest version after things work again
this is freeking me out … why would this happen halfway through a session

Try resplendence WhoCrashed software to check your Windows crashlogs…tbh it’ll probably just tell you the focusrite is crashing but it may at least confirm that no other driver conflict is involved.

Try resplendence WhoCrashed software to check your Windows crashlogs…tbh it’ll probably just tell you the focusrite is crashing but it may at least confirm that no other driver conflict is involved.

Good point. I actually had arbitrary blue screens when starting Cubase for weeks until i finally decided to try out the Windows Debugging Tools which directly lead me to some driver from Debut Video Capture Software. Software was uninstalled, but driver still present. Uninstalled the driver and everything runs fine since. May try WhoCrashed next time though, seems a bit easier to use.