Sound Bleed from one track to another

I have a simple Midi drum track and a simple audio guitar track. I play the drum track with the idea I’ll record the guitar, but the drum track bleeds into the guitar track. How do I fix this so that it doesn’t happen? No track should bleed into another track. The stereo in shows the drums when they are playing, but the drums are only in the MIDI track, not coming in from anywhere else. I’m listening with headphones only.
Doug :slight_smile:

Also, if it helps … when I play a video from YouTube (trying to find help there) the sound from YouTube bleeds into CuBase???

Does your interface have a loopback function? Try to turn it off.

1 Like

I’ve spent a little time on the internet and it does seem to be the PreSonus interface that is causing the problem. By itself it appears to be useless to monitor both the input and output at the same time. If I select the input, I can’t hear the output and visa-versa. I’m going to have to use two units to do this. I do have a Focusrite device I can use for the output (I hope) and leave the PreSonus for the input - we will see…

I’m probably doing something wrong, but it appears that you can’t have two units working with CuBase. One for the input and one for the output…

You shouldn’t have to use 2 audio interfaces. What Presonus interface do you have?