Sound card problems

Hi
I just got my Dorico this week.
Everything installed properly.
I have a powerful PC with more than enough RAM, plus an external sound card.
I tried to change the ASIO driver, to my sound card´s driver, which appears properly in the list, in the ASIO preferences.
Half of the times, Dorico won´t let me click my driver, half of the times it will, then I get sound, then It all defaults back when I reboot Dorico, sometimes it crashes.
Quite annoying, what can I do?

I’m sorry you’re having problems. I expect my colleague Ulf will be able to advise. Can you do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file to a reply to this thread?

Hm, interesting problem, nothing that I’ve heard of before. As Daniel wrote, I first need to have a look at the diagnostic report.
Before creating that diagnostic report, please switch several times the ASIO driver back and forth.
I want to see in the log files the situation where it does not switch properly.
And instead of uploading here, please send the diagnostic report directly to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.

Thanks guys for the quick reply, I had some hopes yesterday, but this morning, back to square one…I will follow your instructions and send the zip.
Have a great weekend.

‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’

you mean :

[Email address removed by moderator]

right?
:question:

Dear Concha,
I think there is a reason not to write it like that in a forum… There are malicious bots that track any kind of email address and fill it with spam… Maybe we could ask a moderator of this forum to delete our two last posts ?

Just go back and edit your posts to remove Ulf’s email. No need for a moderator.

Thanks pianoleo, and thank you moderator !!!