Sound in the cloud

OMG! :astonished:
A browser-based recording app: Soundation.

Hey there Mr Duckling. :slight_smile:

It’s nice that there’s something out there for your average Joe to try their hand at music making without
having to invest a lot of money in the software, but after viewing a couple of the videos, it’s certainly
not a viable alternative to someone who wants a high quality DAW. The plugins look to be very limited,
and you have to save your work on their server. They have a subscription for those who want more options
and libraries available, and over time I suppose that would add up to the price of a more high quality program.

Hello Mr Lee
Agreed, it could be good to get newbies started. It’s hard to imagine a browser based app rivalling a serious client-side DAW but who knows what the future holds? My crystal ball is looking very cloudy.

I’ve just installed a 4-track recorder on my android phone. Totally basic but as a sketch pad it could have its uses.

Hello Mr Duckling and Mr Lee,

Interesting app, could have used it when I got started. Yet, I don’t think even I would have been happy for long haul with the wonderlust for better software and the delusional need for gear, lots of gear, gotta go get more gear… :smiling_imp:

Mr W

Cloud computing in almost every form is risky business… that’s the new frontier for all the malcontents. Not to mention the latency issue!

Mr. Robin

p.s. Why is this thread so formal? Ducks command great respect these days? :laughing:

All red birds welcome.

…and I’ll thank you not to forget it. :open_mouth:

:laughing: :mrgreen: