Sound Not Playing through my Notebook speakers /headset

The Zoom driver is for a zoom device. It is specific to that device.
Whickham_sky is correct, you don’t need a separate device. It’s just that it makes a big difference in my ~opinion.

A “Driver” is short for “Device Driver” (you may know this, but for someone else who comes along and reads this.) Without the device it is created for, it does nothing. The Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver somewhat unique in that it will work with just about any device. At least it will work with Realtek.

To use Reakteck you don’t need ASIO4All. The Generic Low Latency Driver will do just fine.

Step One. Open Cubase and Studio Setup and select Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver. Make sure you have made the inputs and outputs visible. Note in the image that the second microphone is visible but not active. That is because this port is the microphone jack. The one that is active is the built in web conferencing microphone.

Select Generic Low Latency Driver

Now that you have selected the driver, you will see that the latency is rather high, about 20 ms.

If you open the driver’s control panel you will notice that it functions only at 16 bit:

This means that you need to set the bit depth of the project accordingly. So open Project->Project setup and set the Bit Depth to 16 and the Sample Rate to 44.1. This is often referred to as “CD Quality”.

One last thing to do. Select Studio ->Audio Connections. and then outputs:

See where it says “Not Connected”? Set those to Realtek:

You can also set the inputs:

Alternatively with Pro, you could set the Control Room Mains:

It takes all of these before you will hear output.
Some other DAWs assume you are just fooling around and automatically will set this stuff up for you. Cubase assumes you are using a higher end Audio Interface and therefore do not want to accidentally end up with the on-board CD Quality interface.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes