When exporting a song in Cubase 8 i’ve noticed it takes a much longer time to export than from Cubase 7.5. After some fault finding i realised that changing my soundcard buffer size affects the audio mixdown time.
RME Fireface800 3.25drivers
Macbook Retina 2012 2.7ghz 16gb Ram 750GB SSD
Create a blank project
Drag in a wave file of reasonable length. 1-5minutes
Add some Steinberg plugins to add weight to the project. Any will do.
Then export audio mixdown 44.1khz wave 16bit realtime disabled
For me changing from 128samples to 1024samples decreased the export time by roughly 60%
Note increasing the buffer size will disable ASIO guard. I tried the same test at 128samples with ASIO guard off but this only had a tiny effect on export time.