Soundiron Olympus choirs not installing

Hi ,

Installed Dórico 3 fine but no soundiron olympus choir to be found. I tried reinstalling the “sounds for dórico pro 3 “ pkg but it still doesn’t show in the Steinberg Library Manager. There’s a folder called Additional Content along w the Sounds pkg , do I need to do something with that ?
I’m on a Mac.
Thanks ,

Grant

He gstewart,

I had the same question yesterday and this link was given: Dorico 3 not able to find Soundiron Olympus choir - Dorico - Steinberg Forums
Hope it helps.

Franklin

The Olympus sounds will show in the HALion Player by their patch names (Sustained, Marcato, etc.)
Click on the HALion Edit button to see the Olympus control screen.

hi,

thanks for the replies. The steinberg library manager doesn’t;t show the choir library so according to Daniel’s post it’s not installed properly, I’ve tried to reinstall the package but it still doesn’t show , like I said there’s a folder outside the sounds installer pkg that has a folder called"additional content" and it has vst sounds for the choir in it. Do I need to manually put that somewhere?

thanks,
Grant

hi,

thanks for the replies. The steinberg library manager doesn’t;t show the choir library so according to Daniel’s post it’s not installed properly, I’ve tried to reinstall the package but it still doesn’t show , like I said there’s a folder outside the sounds installer pkg that has a folder called"additional content" and it has vst sounds for the choir in it. Do I need to manually put that somewhere?

thanks,
Grant

No, you don’t need to do anything manual. If you look inside /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound you should see a folder called VST Sound - Soundiron, and inside there should be a file called Soundiron_Olympus_Micro.vstsound. Are those files present? If not, please try running the installer again. You don’t need to manually uninstall anything first: just try running the installer again.

hi,

there’s nothing in the content folder and I’ver run the “sounds for Dorico 3” pkg several times. when I open the dmg for Halion Sonic SE(swhich has the sounds for Dorico 3 installer) it shows the additional content folder separate from the installer, is that how it’s supposed to be?

thanks,
Grant

Yes, the fact that there’s a folder alongside the installer is fine, and nothing to worry about. Could you please run the installer one more time, and when it gets to the end but before you click Finish, type Command-L to show the log window, then change the pop-up menu to show “All messages” (or whatever the precise wording is), then save that log, zip it up and attach it here?

hi Daniel,

I’ve attached the installer log in a zip here.

thnx
Installer Log 9-Sep-2019.txt.zip (3.87 KB)

It’s very odd, because that log file really does seem to show that the sounds are already installed. I’m sorry for asking such a stupid question, but it’s definitely not the case that Olympus Choir Micro library is just scrolled off the bottom of the Steinberg Library Manager window?

ya I thought maybe it was something like that but nope, can’ t find it with the search option either. Should I just put the vst folder in the content folder in Library?

No, that won’t help, I’m afraid. You need the Soundiron_Olympus_Micro.vstsound archive file itself and probably also some presets. I’ll ask the installer team if they have any idea what might be going on.

Grant, I’ve now been in touch with our installer team, and I think they believe the problem could be related to the fact that your user account folder seems to be called “grantstewart 1 2”, with two spaces in it, which seems to be tripping up some of the scripts in the installer. However, they say that in fact you can simply browse inside the disk image to Additional Content/VST Sound/Soundiron Olympus Micro/ and double-click the .vstsound file in there to launch Steinberg Library Manager and install those sounds manually.

thanks Daniel, that did it! appreciate it.

take care,

Grant

Our installer team also think that you might run into other sorts of problems with other applications in the future because of your unusual user account folder name, and recommend that you look into fixing that up at some point – though that process is itself not necessarily easy to do!

Daniel,
On my Mac with the new V3 upgrade, I also am not getting the new Olympus choir. I launched a 2.2 choir file, which was running Noteperformer (I did the proper Noteperformer install for v3). It launches and converts to v3. Noteperformer is still the choir. I went to the play window and added the Halion sounds, and there is no Olympus choir from which to choose. I tried creating a new v3 file, adding SATB, and it defaults to Noteperformer, no way to change to (or find) Olympus choir. I fear the new choir sound did not install. Can you suggest a way I can get this on my computer, or how to troubleshoot?
Thanks,
David

Just do Play > Playback Template and choose HSSE+HSO

Nope, doesn’t work. When I do this, I get empty choir tracks. that is, when I go to the play window and click to show what is playing back, SATB are empty, nothing loaded.

Likewise when I launch a new file and choose a choir template. It loads the Halion playback, but the choir tracks are empty, no sound loaded.

Did you follow the steps that Daniel described above?

I thought it applied to Windows. I tried it, and it solved the problem. Thank you.
David