Soundminer Spot To Track?

Hi, just started at a new place that uses Soundminer rather than my previous Basehead (hence yet another new forum account!)

Spot To Track feature appears to be greyed out for some reason. Anyone know how to get it to work?

I’m on Nuendo 5.53, Soundminer 1.0v156 on Windows 7 64bit by the way.

if you’re using soundminer v1 i’m guessing it must be the hd product?

we use sm4 and the function in that version is spot to daw as set up in the preferences (it spots to the currently selected track). if you use the bring function it simply drops the file in the pool.

check your preferences page.

Indeed. I’ve used Soundminer with Nuendo for about four years, upgrading both as needed. Once you’ve set Nuendo in Soundminer’s preferences (and given it a button on SM’s task bar, or a hot key) it works flawlessly. No need for Rewire or anything else:

Put the cursor at the desired location and make sure the target track is selected in Nuendo.
Search and trim your effect in SoundMiner.
Hit the hot key you’ve set.
Go back to Nuendo and the effect is already in the right place in the timeline.

Now, if we could only set Snap points within Soundminer…

Would you mind explain the steps to do this?

I installed some extension to Nuendo for Soundminer to spot to track (sorry this was last week, I forgot what it’s called - something like Steinberg SKI) - once or twice when I’ve opened Soundminer this is selectable under DAW.

Usually, however, I just get ‘Nuendo’ or ‘No DAW’ under the DAW options, and the spot to track button is greyed out.

Hitting ‘bring in to DAW’ under Transfer just copies the audio to My Documents :s

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

as i said i don’t use the hd product but looking at the manual it suggests that the ski only works under 32 bit. could that be it?

if you’re still stuck drop me an email – maybe we could do a teamviewer session.

max at redfacilities dot com

Hi - apologies for not replying to the additional help I got here - it appears that when Soundminer HD loses the Steinberg SKI, I can usually resolve it by just restarting the application.

However I’ve now noticed another problem - when I spot a section of audio to track, I don’t get the usual import options dialogue and there is no sample rate conversion - a real problem when dealing with samples that have a tonal element that I’m trying to retain the pitch of.

is there any way to get the spot to track to convert the sample rate to the project settings?

However I’ve now noticed another problem - when I spot a section of audio to track, I don’t get the usual import options dialogue and there is no sample rate conversion…
is there any way to get the spot to track to convert the sample rate to the project settings?

SoundMiner bypasses Nuendo’s import routine and plants the clip directly. So you set the sample rate in SoundMiner’s transfer preferences* (on the right side of the main screen). Then it does the s/r conversion on the fly.

That same pref panel lets you choose the target directory, so you can tell SoundMiner to put its 48k copy in the productions Audio directory (or even a “sfx” subfolder). This makes things a little easier and faster to keep track of, particularly if you have a bunch of repeating effects for a particular client or project.

• I’m not at my studio computer now and might be wrong on what the panel is called. But it’s there. And it’s spelled out in SoundMiner’s Help docs.