Sounds and Loops in the Steinberg Download Assistant

Hi everybody,
hope this is the correct place to write.
Yesterday I opened the Steinberg Download Assistant because I had troubles with some missing Halion samples (that I solved restarting pc) and I noticed a lot of libraries in the “Loop and Samples” tab so I tried to download a couple of them (Urban Vocals and Groove Agent Pop Essential in the GA drum kits and styles) but I can’t find them in my instruments so my questions is: are they free? I thought they were as I downloaded for free…
Thank you,
Arturo

Hi,

Do you have license for these libraries?

No, Martin, I’ve got no licenses and it seemed strange to me I could have missed some free library but, as I could download it freely, I supposed they could be like Noir or Bloom etc.
Now I guess I was wrong…
Thank you,
Arturo

Hi,

From the Steinberg Download Assistant you can download any content. But you need dedicated license for most of it.

Ok, thank you Martin.
Arturo

Strange that all software and downloads show up at the Download Assistant, even the ones I don’t have a license for. I installed a couple of them, which resulted in error messages.
Please Steinberg, make a difference between the things that come in the package and the things which are additional. Do it like Native Instruments or iZotope. That’s very clear.
Thanks!
Bas

1 Like