SPAT v3 16 channel input plugin - Does this work?

Hello all,

I have always wanted to purchase Nuendo and am really temped by the great crossgrade price right now. However, I do not see a trial is ready yet.

Does v10 have the ability for me to load SPAT v3, which has 16 stereo inputs on one FX channel and send from instrument tracks/Midi tracks and access all 16 of those channels?

I am trying to get away from the “one SPAT per track” BS.

Thanks!

I am resurrecting this thread because I am looking to see how this gets setup.

I downloaded the trial version and when I create a new FX track and insert SPAT v3 on it, I can clearly see all the channels are activated inside of SPAT (all 16 inputs). I can group them and do everything that I would expect to be able to do.

However, what I cannot do is figure out how to activate the inputs on the actual FX channel itself so that I can use them as a target output from an instrument/midi channel. Any idea if this is possible or what I am missing? Here are the steps I take:

1. Create a 22.2 FX Channel
  2. Insert SPAT v3 as an “Insert”
  3. Open Plugin and activate all 16 channels in SPAT plugin. Works.
  4. Create new Instrument Track - VSL VI Pro
  5. Load up basic Violins Patch in VI Pro
  6. Open up Nuendo Mixer (F3) and change VI Pro Instrument Track “Output” to “SPAT FX Channel”.

It’s at this point, that I do not see any available inputs on the FX channel other than the standard Stereo in/out. How do I activate all of the other channels available on this FX track so I can point Violins 1 to Channels 1&2, Violins 2 to 3&4, Violas to 5&6 etc.?

Thanks!

Judging from your signature you seem to own a possible answer to your issue already:

VIENNA SOFTWARE PACKAGE - Vienna Symphonic Library

BTW: MIR 3D / immersive audio update is in the works! :slight_smile:

MIR Pro as it is, is pretty darn immersive. Sign me up!

That’s super exciting! I already do use MIR :slight_smile:. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to automate the movement of the instrument without a drop of audio. I also find that SPAT doesn’t color the instrument as much as MIR does. Most of the time I appreciate and need the coloring, but not always.

Are you even able to give an idea if this is a 2020 thing for 3D audio hehe :slight_smile:.! That has me really curious and hopefully you’re not teasing me with a 2023 release feature lol!

I see. This is (and will remain) MIR’s blind spot, so to speak. sigh … the old “samples-vs.-synthesis”-dilemma.

I also find that SPAT doesn’t color the instrument as much as MIR does. Most of the time I appreciate and need the coloring, but not always.

I was just cracking a joke anyway. :wink: … I absolutely understand the need of different tools for different tasks. Sometimes SPAT and MIR are treated as if they were interchangeable which they clearly aren’t. It’s just that as a plug-in MIR’s underlying routing concept is more flexible and straight-forward, that’s why I replied at all.

Are you even able to give an idea if this is a 2020 thing for 3D audio hehe > :slight_smile:> .! That has me really curious and hopefully you’re not teasing me with a 2023 release feature lol!

It’s not the proper forum to discuss the topic, but we have high hopes to see MIR 3D later this year. We have already tested alpha-versions with re-vamped HOA impulse responses (3rd order, that is), and we all were pretty euphoric about those first results. :sunglasses: