Speaker Impulse Response license issue

I currently am using Cubase 5. I tried the trial version of Cubase 6. For some reason I do not know it was not working right. So I said forget it and uninstalled it because quite honestly I am really happy with 5. So I fired up Cubase 5 yesterday and I get this error message. Because the thirty days are up. Been thru all the elicenser stuff.
Tried deleting all my plug-ins thinking it was the amp simulator that is left over from Cubase 6. I am at my wits end.
Can anybody help me.

There’s a Reverance file that causes the issue. Deleting it sorts the error. Search for Rev files and all the files will show. There was a thread recently on this very subject. Search here will probably find it.

Hi mashedmitten,

the file being a leftover from C6 is called FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound.
You can delete this file manually, it’s of no use for C5.

Thank You so much. I know it was just an error message. But i hate em. It is gone now!!! :smiley:

Ive got the same problem but didnt even get as far as installing cubase 6 As I still have a powermac Ive tried rev file search but its not coming up can anyone tell me in which folder its in?

I, too, tried C6 and went back to C5 for now. I did a fresh install of C5 so I must have missed this problem. Good news for me then!

But I see that andreasm signed in on this post? …andreasm, could you tell me why I cannot save any presets in Reverence in my Stereo Out bus insert? I have 12 presets that just disappear when I add Reverence to my Stereo Out bus insert. Is this by Cubase design or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Win7:
C:\Users?YourName?\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

Mac:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound
or
/Users//Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound

I had this issue because I installed the trial of cubase 6 then uninstalled it and kept cubase 5. Every time I opened up cubase 5 I got license error: No valid license found for: speaker impulse response. Finally I removed 2 files from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

the files where

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound

This was really annoying and took me about 45 minutes to figure out. I imagine others either spent just as long or learned to deal with the error message.