Spectral Layers Tutorial Series

Hello Friends,

Is there a Spectral Layers Tutorial Series anywhere out there someone knows that’s good enough to recommend?

Regards

Christopher

1 Like

Thank you, Poinzy.
Regards

I’ll be honest and say I can’t vouch for any one of them.

Not holding you to any of these links, Poinzy.
Ha ha ha!

Any updated info on this topic, more recent tutorials covering SL 10, please?

1 Like

I cover SpectraLayers 10 with my playlist:

There’s a few SpectraLayers playlist tutorials from Steinberg:

2 Likes

Great. Thank you very much for sharing this.

1 Like
1 Like

I have a request: are there any SpectraLayers tutorials that cover the entire range of features? I have watched most of the tutorials. But I cannot find any tutorial (or manual, for that matter) that describes each menu item, and a detailed description of what it does. The Spectralayers Manual only describes each menu (or tool) in a very short, cryptic way. (The reason I purchased RX Pro in the first place is because there were numerous long tutorials on You Tube explaining the many features that it had.) Thanks!

1 Like

A couple full tutorials I’m aware of:

Or you can start here:

Or check all official videos referenced here:
Video Tutorials (click a specific version to see all videos)
The manual also contains links to videos for specific features

1 Like

Thanks for the referrals to the tutorials. Well, my 30-day trial for SL10 has expired, and here is my review: I actually spent quite a bit of time trying to explore the features of SL10, and I have to say that the most unfortunate part was that I could not find enough helpful documentation (or video tutorials) on the app. Specifically, the Steinberg web manual only has a very short description of each menu item, but no deeper description of how that tool could be used. Example: I can split an unmixed voice into “noise” and “voice”, but in no case did this work perfectly as described, and there are no further explanations (ie, should I try to remove certain high frequencies manually?). So I was left with the choice to either: (1) Purchase the EUR 40 Praxis Tutorial and “hope” that it would be thorough; or (2) Pay $200 cross grade (I own RX) and hope that if I spend many more hours, I would come up with a practical way to use SL10. (And wondering if, by the time I figured it all out, would iZotope come up with a new upgrade of RX that would have the same features?) Bottom line: it sure would be nice if Steinberg would come up with a more comprehensive online manual/tutorial. (IN contrast, Steinberg’s Dorico manual/tutorial is HUGE! So vast, that the real trouble with Dorico is filtering through 100 solutions to find the one solution that you need!) All this being said, SL10 does seem like a great app, and I hope it continues to develop as time goes on (especially in the manual/tutorial department). AND I appreciate this forum and thank you for all the help I received!

4 Likes