Split stereo tracks to mono

I’ve tried googling this a few times now and haven’t been able to find an answer. Is there a way to split a stereo track to two mono tracks in Cubasis? Because this seems like pretty basic DAW functionality and I absolutely cannot seem to find it anywhere. It would be nice, for example, to be able to record a guitar track using something like BIAS FX, with one amp on the left channel and one on the right, and then split them, so they can be panned hard left (for example) and the two amp tracks mixed separately and blended to taste. Another example would be to record a bass with a very dry clean signal on one channel and a very distorted one on the other, and then have the two EQ-ed separetely according to the frequency range they’ll sit in. Like one might do in a desktop DAW, for example (except there each of my mics would have just gone to its own mono track in the first place, but you get the idea.) These are just a couple of examples of what I’m trying to do here but can’t seem to manage. It would be unnecessary if I could route the stereo Audiobus inputs to separate mono tracks in the first place, like in GarageBand, but if I can’t do that, then I’ll settle for this. Hell, I’d even settle for routing each of the stereo tracks to separate mono tracks and manually re-recording the outputs but I can’t even seem to find a way to route it like that. Am I missing something?

Hello ColdMeal

I have this issue and I do not see that anyone responded to your question. I have asked a similar question but that question is in “moderation” limbo currently.

Did you find an answer elsewhere? If so do tell"!

Terence

I’m sorry I cannot help you but you may help me. I am using the UR22 with Garage Band on my Mac and I don’t know how to put the settings in order to play guitar using the first input jack channel and sing via XLR using the second input at the same time. I suppose I have to create two mono tracks.This should be possible but how? Garageband does not react / see the second inpult signal. Thank you in advance! Andrea

Andrea ( DLee )

Terence here, I do not know how to finesse Garage Band into taking input from two separate mikes. However I just searched on this “garageband two mike input tutorial” and that returned several youtube and other tutorials on multiple mikes into G-band.

check them out.

T.

Hi all,

As of yet, Cubasis does not support to split stereo tracks to mono files.

Best,
Lars