Split tool in Score Editor Is not working

Hi there,

The split tool in score editor is not Splitting Note Events. I want to split 2 notes that are strung together by a tie, I click on the tied note head with the Cut tool and nothing happens? Why? Here is the instruction?

https://steinberg.help/cubase_elements_le_ai/v9.5/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/midi_editors/midi_editors_score_notes_splitting_and_gluing_c.html

Any help would be appreciated.

CS

That manual is referring to Elements and Artist, I think. Cubase Pro has a separate manual for the Score Editor. The tools have different names because Elements doesn’t have a Cut Note tool, Pro does. So use the Split Tool, the scissors.

By Trial and error I found it to be cmd+shift and split. I really like the online manual and I can read and search much better.

Are we talking about different functions? No modifier keys should be needed for this.

No! Same functionality. Mine need it! I know in the SL&P manual page 52 says not need for modifier keys!

Maybe it’s a Mac/PC difference, but it shouldn’t be. Did you test this in Safe Start Mode? (hold ctrl-alt-shift while Cubase launches)