SSL Native X-Verb crashes WL8 - GUI incomplete

I’m using WL7 and WL 8.0.3 under OS X 10.7 (Lion). When I load the Plugin SSL Native X-Verb, (in WL (7 same as 8) most of the time WL crashes or the GUI of the plugin is incomplete.

Anybody experiencing the same problem? And - @PG - any idea how to get this fixed? It’s definitely a problem of WL because in Cubase everything runs completely smoothly.

It’s definitely a problem of WL because in Cubase everything runs completely smoothly.

one could also say 'it’s definitely a problem of the plugin as other plugins are ok".
I was in touch recently with SSL. There are aware of some problem with the SSL native plugin and WaveLab. They are meant to look at it. You could write them to know more about the progress.

Thanks Philippe,

I contacted SSL and they indeed confirmed to be aware of issues of their X-Verb plugin with WaveLab. They forward my problem description to their developers for follow-up. Until this hopefully will get fixed on SSL’s side one day I will have to look for another quality reverb that works in WL.

You could try using the VST2 version of the plug-in (or the VST3 64-bit version). You may get a better result.

+1 with the last version of SSL plugs and 64 bits I have no issue apart cubase’s preset … but SSL presets work.