Standalone Halion 7.1 Midi Keyboard input not working

Windows 11, Midi controller is M-Audio Keystation 61m es USB.

I have set the MIDI input correctly and i get a n imput light when I hit the key, but no sound and the GUI keyboard doesn’t respond. If i ‘play’ it with the mouse and cursor, it makes sound.

When I use Halion or Halion Sonic in Cubase 13 as a VSTi, the midi controller works as expected, and I can ‘play’ the instruments as normal.
but when I load the standalone versions, the MIDI keyboard (even though it’s selected correctly in the options) doesn’t play the loaded instruments. As stated, I can get sounds by playing it with my mouse and cursor, but the Midi controller does nothing apart from light up the ‘midi input’ orange light.

Do you have any ideas?

RESOLVED. I found the issue. My physical Midi keyboard had somehow been changed so the default channel was no longer ‘1’ , (it was sending it by default to channel 5 for some reason).
If you ever find yourself in the same situation (on a M-Audio Keystation), press ‘Advanced Functions’ and you can change the default channel by hitting the keys from C2 - I think my channel ‘1’ was triggered by hitting D2.