Starting a OT Berlin Inspire expression map, got a couple questions...

I am putting together my first expression map, using OT Berlin Inspire to create a sketching instrument that lets me switch between sections. I have created three new playing techniques: Winds, Brass, and Strings. I have a Kontakt endpoint with all three sections loaded, and a piano. The expression map selects the MIDI channel corresponding to the section. To get things going, I’ve limited it to sustains and staccato for now, plus pizzicato for strings. Inspire uses key switches for the different techniques.

Here are my questions:

1. When entering and navigating notes Write mode, Dorico always plays Channel 1. Is there a way to get it to play the correct channel at the moment? e.g. if I’ve set a playing technique for Winds, then previewing the notes under / after that technique should play on the winds channel. When I play it, it plays correctly – it’s only preview that is stuck on Channel 1, including playing my MIDI controller.
  2. Is there a way to specify the channel once per section, and then override it? I thought that’s what add-on techniques might be, but I guess I’m wrong. Right now I have a base technique for everything. e.g. Strings is base technique channel 3 + key switch F-2, Strings+Staccato is base technique channel 3 + key switch G-2. I was thinking add-on technique may let me do Strings+Staccato only specifies keyswitch G-2, inheriting the channel 3 from the base Strings technique.

Here’s the WIP template: http://patmaddox.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/steinberg.net/ot-berlin-inspire.dorico.zip

1. No, so far as I know, there’s no way to do this at present. Dorico is not necessarily able to render everything that it does during playback when auditioning.

2. I’m not sure about this, but if you’re trying to switch between totally different techniques belonging to different instruments within the same expression map with the same set of switches, I think you will need to provide the appropiate channel for each switch.