"Starts voice" doesn't work

Hello,

I can’t get rid of the quarter rest at the beginning of the bar, in the second voice:
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 2.46.41 pm.png
Normally I would click on the first note in the lower voice and turn on “Starts voice”, but Dorico won’t let me do that, for some reason. What might be wrong? I checked to make sure the quarter rest is an implicit rest.

Thanks

Hello,

I got around the problem by transferring the previous couple bars into the lower voice, then turning on “Starts voice” on the upper voice note where the eighth notes start. Though I’m still stumped as to what I did wrong in the first instance. I checked to make sure “ends voice” was ticked on the last entry of the lower voice.

Thanks

Rather than waste time trying to get to the bottom of it (and it’s probably to do with the last previous note in that voice not being set to End Voice), just select the rest and go Edit > Remove Rests.

Hi Pianoleo,

Thanks, that works great! It’s also a very clean solution to another issue I’ve been having with interlocking voices:
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 3.03.39 pm.png
I’ve been selecting all the rests and making their color transparent. The remove rests options fits much better.