Steinberg Activation Manager issue

I am trying to license a computer lab with 16 individual multi-user seat licenses. For some reason, after licensing all computers with the same method, six of the licenses still state “verification pending” in Steinberg Activation Manager. The licenses expire in two days, which is a problem as teaching has started in that lab and 6 computers will no longer have a license in two days!

Also, on two separate occasions the licenses have either changed order or disappeared altogether inside Steinberg Activation Manager (I can see evidence of this via MySteinberg account, as Steinberg Activation Manager doesn’t show the computer names that are licensed, which is quite annoying TBH).

Can anyone help in regards to either issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please, get in touch with your local Steinberg support.

Hi, can you please advise who this would be? I purchase the software directly through the Steinberg site, so I don’t have an established relationship with a vendor.

I have followed the help document related to this issue “Steinberg Licensing: ‘Verification Pending’ or ‘Expired’”, but when I get to the last step “Click [Upgrade License]”, that option is not available to select and my status remains “verification pending”.

This sounds like a Steinberg tech support shout. You may have to email tech support which really isnt going to help you within the time frame you mentioned.

Are all of your devices running admin or user accounts? If running user accounts you may need to install all the Steinberg software on these devices using admin rights.

All the BEst

You don’t need a vendor for this, just get in touch with support directly. You can find the contacts on the support pages

We’ve been using and licensing Cubase/Nuendo here for 20 years, and this new activation process is very buggy. I license with an admin account and then ran the powershell script provided by Steinberg to license for a default user account. This has worked on 10 out of 16 computers. This is very odd, as all computers are bran new and exactly the same!
Thanks

Was you running the previous license system on these endpoints? or is the a completely new system inc computers?

Hi and sorry for the inconvenience.
I noticed that there are still six unused activation codes in your account. I am going to send a PM with the next steps.